[CLOSED] Cakewalk 2021.01 Early Access

Morten Saether

1 minute ago, msmcleod said:

SSO = Single Sign On

It's used if you use Google or Facebook etc, to log into BandLab instead of a username/password.

Previously, using the "Refresh Activation" functions within CbB only supported a BandLab username & password.

With 2021.01, you can also use your SSO (Google/Facebook etc) account.

Thanks Mark...

I'm trying to grasp how to his works. So now that I've installed the update, is it working? I saw some complicated process to determine if it is working but lost it. Does this alter my need to periodically re-authenticate CbC?

Why would logging into Facebook have anything to do with Cake?

1 minute ago, Keni said:

...I'm trying to grasp how to his works. So now that I've installed the update, is it working? I saw some complicated process to determine if it is working but lost it. Does this alter my need to periodically re-authenticate CbC?

No - you still have to do it every 6 months.

1 minute ago, Keni said:

Why would logging into Facebook have anything to do with Cake?

You need to log into BandLab to re-authenticate CbB.

Some people use their Facebook account to log into BandLab rather than a BandLab username/password.

19 hours ago, Mark Morgon-Shaw said:

Первое, что я заметил, это шрифт на дорожках папки PRV, который выглядит огромным !

изображение. thumb. png. 37c2e6ce52f05225d4a95f65eb720599. png

Hi guys! How to make such a font, such a size?

Edited by Vlad Vilnev

not seeing ALL in the channel strip. missing things like sends, etc in the channel strip in the inspector, but visible in the console view (scrolling up) and in the track view. note: in the track control manager they're all selected.

image.thumb.png.c860aff97163a56b2d28fc1c7d7c59ca.png

console view - when scrolled up it's there

image.png.421e62c3d7912b4a04f241b2ad00e843.png

Edited by Glenn Stanton

45 minutes ago, msmcleod said:

No - you still have to do it every 6 months.

You need to log into BandLab to re-authenticate CbB.

Some people use their Facebook account to log into BandLab rather than a BandLab username/password.

Ah... That last one finally nailed it down for me. Thanks. I’m not particularly active on the social sites theses days though I have presence pretty much everywhere. So this will be mostly un-noticed for me.

If our machines remain online, might they one day automatically re-authenticate? Thinking again that wouldn’t change anything. The issue is not so much for me but for other systems with unusual situations.

Just now, Keni said:

Ah... That last one finally nailed it down for me. Thanks. I’m not particularly active on the social sites theses days though I have presence pretty much everywhere. So this will be mostly un-noticed for me.

If our machines remain online, might they one day automatically re-authenticate? Thinking again that wouldn’t change anything. The issue is not so much for me but for other systems with unusual situations.

Assuming that you have logged in at least once and the credentials have not changed activation should be automatic. IOW as long as your PC is online at some point when it needs to CbB will automatically refresh itself. This was the main rationale for in-app activation.

6 hours ago, sentier34 said:

I don't know if this issue is due to CbB or to Ozone 9. 

unfortunately, Ozone 9 has issues if the GPU/UI resolution/OpenGL settings aren't perfectly aligned - i struggled trying different settings until it finally worked on my desktop... then had to retry a bunch to get it to run on my laptop... in general, if my standalone Ozone app is working correctly, i don't get crashes or hanging - but - i do find the plugins tend to be very heavy on CPU so i only use the Ozone plugins in the standalone app rather than in the DAW. it's extra steps in the workflow but saves a lot of anguish in DAW overloading...

2 minutes ago, Keni said:

If you’re machine is connected to the Internet, this indeed happens transparently. The 99% use case is that you never need to take action here after you’ve signed in at once (I.e. upon your first install of CbB on a given machine).

• Thanks 1

Just now, Noel Borthwick said:

Assuming that you have logged in at least once and the credentials have not changed activation should be automatic. IOW as long as your PC is online at some point when it needs to CbB will automatically refresh itself. This was the main rationale for in-app activation.

Thanks Noel. That’s good to know.

Logging into forum suffice? Does launching CbB while online qualify as logging in or must BA be run to create the login?

First of all guys, Thank-you for all you're doing for my favourite DAW since early days! Had an issue with a project created in the last stable version that wouldn't open in the latest EA - seemed to be related to an automation issue. Reverting back allowed it to open OK.

2 minutes ago, Jesse Jost said:

If you’re machine is connected to the Internet, this indeed happens transparently. The 99% use case is that you never need to take action here after you’ve signed in at once (I.e. upon your first install of CbB on a given machine).

Thanks Jesse. I was hoping it to become that simple.

Now time will tell how easy maintaining my unusual scenario setups go...

27 minutes ago, Will_Kaydo said:

New bug in 2021.01? 

When trying to move a note in the PRV - The Articulation pane pops open. If you don't pay closely attention when clicking on the note, you wont notice that the selected note scaled up one key. 

PRV>View>Show/Hide Articulations Pane

Confirmed. It actually worked fine at first as the default setting is OFF.

Once you turn it ON it can't be turned OFF again. Selecting a note will turn it on automatically.

• Thanks 1

28 minutes ago, sjoens said:

PRV>View>Show/Hide Articulations Pane

Confirmed. It actually worked fine at first as the default setting is OFF.

Once you turn it ON it can't be turned OFF again. Selecting a note will turn it on automatically.

Good! Thought I might be too overly excited for this release and might miss something. 😂

Seriously: I don't think there's anymore requests left for us when this update gets officially released once it's stabled. 😐

Edited by Will_Kaydo

45 minutes ago, Dave said:

First of all guys, Thank-you for all you're doing for my favourite DAW since early days! Had an issue with a project created in the last stable version that wouldn't open in the latest EA - seemed to be related to an automation issue. Reverting back allowed it to open OK.

What was the error? Please send a link to the project file so we can investigate.

50 minutes ago, Keni said:

Thanks Noel. That’s good to know.

Logging into forum suffice? Does launching CbB while online qualify as logging in or must BA be run to create the login?

Logging into the forum has nothing to do with Cbb. You have to log in from CbB itself for in-app activation to work. If you have never logged in it wll prompt you the first time. An easy way to force it is to choose “Help / Refresh Activation”. This will ask for a login the first time and then activate again. Subsequent attempts wont ask for login again.

1 hour ago, Herbert Zio said:

This update is buggy, when I save the workspace in perspective, when restarting the program the settings are lost.

I use customized Workspaces, but haven't tested mine yet in this release.  What do you mean by "save the workspace in perspective?"  Thanks.

UPDATE: I just changed one of my personal Workspaces ["Console on Monitor 2"] by changing the widths of the 3 panes/sections (tracks, buses, and hardware). After saving it, I switched to some other Workspaces. When I reloaded the newly changed Workspace, it had the width changes.

Of course, each personal/customized Workspace depends on the the options to be saved/restored. You probably have different options selected. Below are the ones I used.  You probably have different options selected.  There are too many possibilities to test them all, but I am interested in figuring out if I have the same problem you had.

image.png.17f3945b550afd11a7d332c0885a16c8.png

Edited by User 905133
to provide results of a test I did with one of my personal Workspaces