Solved - Melodyne does not appear as a Region FX

MisterGreen

I haven't used Melodyne since SPLAT and now that I'm on CbB, I noticed it doesn't appear under Region FX. I found a post that mentioned adding it via Bandlab Assistant, so I went and did that. Is there an extra step involved to get CbB to recognize it as a Region FX?

Edited by MisterGreen

Platinum came with a license for the full version Melodyne Essential. This required creating a Celemony account and registering the product.

CbB includes a  time-limited trial version of Melodyne.

Use the Melodyne installer available in your Celemony account.

Make sure to install the VST3 plug-in. This is what is used as a Region FX.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, scook said:

Platinum came with a license for the full version Melodyne Essential. This required creating a Celemony account and registering the product.

CbB included a  time-limited trial version of Melodyne.

Use the Melodyne installer available in your Celemony account.

Make sure to install the VST3 plug-in. This is what is used as a Region FX.

Thanks scook. I had tried that, but Melodyne 5 Essential is not compatible with Win7.

1 minute ago, scook said:

Platinum did not ship with Essential 5

If you upgraded in error, Celemony may be able to help

Otherwise it may be time to upgrade the OS

It is hard to keep one piece of the software static and upgrade everything else.

Correct, it was Essential 2.

I'm reaching out to them as we speak.

I'm not going to upgrade OS over Melodyne. If it doesn't work, it doesn't work. I just wanted to be sure I wasn't missing some step.

Celemony provided me with a link to version 4 with instructions to uninstall any installed versions from my PC and to install version 4. After following their instructions and running the VST scan again, Cakewalk still isn't showing Melodyne as a Region FX nor seeing the VST3 version.

18 hours ago, MisterGreen said:

Celemony provided me with a link to version 4 with instructions to uninstall any installed versions from my PC and to install version 4. After following their instructions and running the VST scan again, Cakewalk still isn't showing Melodyne as a Region FX nor seeing the VST3 version.

After verifying the vst3 plug-in is physically on the disk, the default path is  "C:\Program Files\Common Files\VST3\Celemony\Melodyne", run a VST Reset from preferences with "Scan in Sandbox" and "Generate Scan Log" enabled.

Then if the plug-in does not show up, there is a scan log to review.

• Thanks 1

On 1/16/2021 at 10:08 AM, scook said:

After verifying the vst3 plug-in is physically on the disk, the default path is  "C:\Program Files\Common Files\VST3\Celemony\Melodyne", run a VST Reset from preferences with "Scan in Sandbox" and "Generate Scan Log" enabled.

Then if the plug-in does not show up, there is a scan log to review.

That fixed it. You da man, scook. As always, thanks for your help.

• 2 years later...