Major Update to Softube Central and Plugins

cclarry

Thank you for your feedback. We listened closely and carefully and, during the last few months, we have spared no effort to improve performance and resource management, optimize loading times, and fix bugs for, well, basically everything. Including Softube Central. We took our entire catalog and made it just plain better, based on your responses. Check out the highlights:

Scanning of sub-plug-ins is done in the background resulting in shorter loading times for platform plug-ins such as Modular and Amp Room.

RAM-memory usage for all plug-ins is enhanced.

Shift/alt/ctrl functionality for all Softube plug-ins in macOS is improved.

Shift + drag functionality in Windows is better.

High-resolution GUI is available for Trident A-Range, Mutronics Mutator, OTO Biscuit 8-bit Effects, Summit Audio products, Transient Shaper, and many others.

Plus: improvements to Amp Room, Console 1, Modular expansions, and more.

An entire list of upgrades can be found on our change log.

Softube Central

We want your experience to be flawless. Not only when using the plug-ins you love, but when installing them. With that in mind, we gave Softube Central a total overhaul. Whether it’s fetching activations, installing, updating, or uninstalling, you can say goodbye to freezes. We fixed those—and so much more.

All the improvements can be seen on our change log.

Cool, but how do I get the upgrades?

Ready to check out what’s new and improved? Run Softube Central and, in the Updates tab, choose to update all plug-ins. Then, enjoy!

For more information and complete change logs:

https://www.softube.com/support

• Thanks 1

Why do I have the feeling that this enhancement made the plugins even more resource intensive than they already were? I'm currently trying the new amp simulations and it's impossible to run them inside Amp Room. It's also impossible to use Amp Room by itself. I don't know what it's happening under the hood and I heard is related to the amounts of encryption your products use.

Softube plugins protection was cracked few days ago so I think this update is actually a patch for the crack. I am not surprised that this patch is negatevely impacting the  performance and resource usage. The cracker group who realeased the crack stated that the antipiracy software included in Softube had a huge impact in their performance, I guess that now that impact if even bigger.

I performed this update several days ago.

I got the update email yesterday.

I got an email from support regarding this update and Console 1/UAD LA3A, and I said it wasn't new for me. And that the problem still persists.

Wonder if they sent out the wrong update...

11 minutes ago, Patricio Campos said:

Softube plugins protection was cracked few days ago so I think this update is actually a patch for the crack. I am not surprised that this patch is negatevely impacting the  performance and resource usage. The cracker group who realeased the crack stated that the antipiracy software included in Softube had a huge impact in their performance, I guess that now that impact if even bigger.

It's ironic that the anti-piracy mechanisms used in 99.9% of software these days harm the legitimate customer both in terms of convenience and performance.

• Like 1