IK Multimedia Spaceport '77 $19
IK Multimedia Cinematic Percussion $29
IK Multimedia Orchestral Percussion $29
IK Multimedia Alternate Keys $19
IK Multimedia Clavitube $19

Edited by Larry Shelby
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Pretty awesome that he have a historical record of sales on this forum. It helped me remember that I was interested in Clavitube in the summer, looked into it, and decided to pass even though it was about 10% cheaper (on jrr with the group code). 

giphy.gif

Clavitube for $19?

I picked that for my final freebie in the IK Group Buy this summer. Sounds great! I'd say definitely worth $19, and IMO more useful than Alternate Keys.

Clavitube would be a nice addition for those with plenty of Rhodes and Wurlis already. It focuses on variations of two models of Clavinets, from directs to tube guitar amps and other effects in the rack.

But then Alternate Keys might satisfy your hunger for accordions, harpsichords, and harmoniums, and a few other things such as a toy piano.

Edited by abacab

9 hours ago, Vernon Barnes said:

But I do have more Clavinette options than you can shake a stick at.

What are your options of choice for clavinet? Edit: sorry I've just read through the end of your post 🤡... anyway, what else do you like then?

Edited by chris.r

On 1/15/2021 at 1:11 AM, chris.r said:

What are your options of choice for clavinet? Edit: sorry I've just read through the end of your post 🤡... anyway, what else do you like then?

Arturia's is good. The Scarbee one in Komplete is also good, but less tweakable.  Clavs appear in most "factory libraries" so there are a few more basic ones here and there.

The formant filter in the one by Waves, while not totally authentic is very useful for tone shaping.

Clavitube does sound good. It seems to rely on lots of presets rather than accurate performance controls and tweakablilty ( which will suit many),  I need to dig deeper to see what is possible.

57 minutes ago, Vernon Barnes said:

Clavitube does sound good. It seems to rely on lots of presets rather than accurate performance controls and tweakablilty ( which will suit many),  I need to dig deeper to see what is possible.

The presets come with different samples of various tone and pickup settings. The preset notes indicate how that preset was sampled. Plus the effects rack is enabled for most, and you can do a lot of your own variations with just the FX. If you turn the effects rack off, in most cases you will hear the dry Clav samples.

Also if you also have Amplitube, you can have some real fun by inserting that to up the amp and cabinet vibe! Vintage metal lead, anyone? :)

On 1/15/2021 at 3:36 PM, Vernon Barnes said:

Got Clavitube for £13 direct from IK using jampoints.

Thanks, that was the best cheat, I forgot that I have hundreds of jampoints! And checked the first item from my 2021 resolution :D 

I like the clavi from Acousticsamples but I can't have it for that price. Clavitube does sound great however, no complaints at all.