Kontakt multiple outputs ..HOW???

Bassfaceus

hi all ive got kontakt  set up with its mixer showing all the outputs i need and

i know how to assign them within kontakt  but how do i setup cakewalk to have those tracks seperately.

i.e. 8 tracks 8 separate drums from kontakt abbey road drums so that i can eq /effect separately

and the bounce to track and archive kontakt..

ive been checking out youtube clips but havent found an answer

thanks

OK i think ive figured it out.

i wasnt using the synth rack to setup kontakt..i was crudely  inserting a soft synth

and then creating a seperate midi track to send to it...no no no .

once i used the synth rack all the kontakt tracks showed up in a folder.

is this correct because  my original kontakt also shows up in the synth rack

but i cant convert that to show all the outputs?

The per-output instrument tracks have been updated since that video. It's now a bit easier:

peroutputkontakt.gif

You can also add instruments as you go along, as long as you do it in this order:

1. Add the instrument(s) to Kontact

2. Re-run the batch script to refresh the outputs:
image.png.4f52261ce845b5c9e658beeedbbf8d71.png

3. Right Click -> "Append the instrument track", either from the previous track, or from the synth rack.

The main advantage of using this approach, is that the track names will reflect the instrument names within Kontakt.

• Like 4

On 1/14/2021 at 11:56 AM, Mark Nicholson said:

Help a simple man out with an associated question: when do I use Kontakt and when do I use Komplete Kontrol when using NI instruments?

Simple answer. Use Kontakt when you want to play a Kontakt instrument. Either standalone, or as a DAW plug-in.

Komplete Kontrol is more of a host (but runs as a plug-in as well). Use KK when you want to host any NKI compatible instrument, including Kontakt. KK has some advantages such as browsing and previewing presets, and adding FX chains. As well as a macro controls panel that can be linked to your controller. Can be run either standalone without a host DAW, or as a plug-in. However it is limited to one instrument, unless you insert Kontakt or another multi-timbral instrument.

Edited by abacab
  • Like 1

• 3 months later...

@msmcleodHi, I followed your video exactly, but you can't add fx to the appended tracks, only the entire instance of kontakt. You can drag a reverb on to the appended track but it doesn't take effect unless you put it on the original instance of kontakt. Could you explain? Thanks