Random dropouts keep happening!

ceakay

Question

I have beginning to get a bunch of the audio drop out message and my audio isn't playing. It feels like a 50/50 chance if my audio will play correctly. I click the spacebar once and it plays and if I do it again then it won't.  I hope there is a way to fix my problem. If you need any specific info of my device then I will provide if that is the problem. I am very confused though because I have been using cakewalk for so long and this just started happening.

17 answers to this question

I got error 16 which is the  [Internal] WASAPI Read/Write buffer failed. It says to restart device and close applications using it. I already restarted and it isn't working. So for the second step "close all apps using it" how would I know which applications on my device are using WASAPI.

EDIT: I also got error code 2

Edited by seakay beats

11 hours ago, seakay beats said:

So for the second step "close all apps using it" how would I know which applications on my device are using WASAPI.

Any Windows program capable of sound is a candidate including the OS.

WASAPI Exclusive driver mode may help as gives the DAW exclusive access to the sound chip while the DAW is running.

I have not had a machine with the internal sound chip enabled for some time so have no recent direct experience with it.

• Like 1

Being someone who just recently experimented with on board audio and WASAPI modes all I will say is do yourself a big favor and purchase a proper audio interface that uses ASIO drivers. Cakewalk will thank you. Your best route to trouble shoot is run latency monitor -    https://www.resplendence.com/latencymon   

2021-01-14.thumb.png.a5814e0b39472710d29623ad32521e71.png

• Like 1

probably the case of too low of a buffer size for the amount of cpu/plugins you're using. Try increasing the buffer size via the slider if its possible.

Are you using your internal PC soundcard if so an external interface with decent ASIO drivers like what John suggested might help

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, seakay beats said:

Thank you Will!

Take it everything works fine now? 

What you need to also do now is, set your Windows Sample Rate and Asio4All sample rate sync'd with your buffer size to 1024 in Asio4All panel.

You should be set for heavy projects.

Keep in mind! You will get the occasional dropout now and then, as you're using memory and cpu to drive your buffer refresh rate through digital format. 

Edited by Will_Kaydo
  • Like 1