Sonar Control Surface and MMC Setup Guide

mamero

5 hours ago, Eamon McMullen said:

I don’t know for sure, but I think it might be solved if for all three DM MIDI ports you choose “Mackie control #1” instead of #1 #2 and #3

Yes, this is correct.

For them to act as one unit, you need them all set to "MMcL Mackie Control #1"

#2 & #3 are only used if you want additional independent controllers.

On 1/25/2021 at 12:55 AM, msmcleod said:

Yes, this is correct.

For them to act as one unit, you need them all set to "MMcL Mackie Control #1"

#2 & #3 are only used if you want additional independent controllers.

Fantastic! That did the trick. Everything is working very well now. 24 tracks of 2-way control. Full transport control. I can't tell you how many hours I banged my head against the wall over this. Thank you for finally solving this.

Two final questions if I may.

1. For Sonar projects where there are more the 24 tracks, is it possible to have the DM2000 flip to the higher track numbers? So, the control surface channels would flip to control 24 - 48, 49 - 72 etc. Not sure if this would be something in the DM or Sonar's settings.

2. The DM2000 has 4 USB ports dedicated to DAW control. 1 - 3 linked to tracks 1-8, 9-16, and 17-24. The 4th USB port is linked to the surround section. Is there a way I could utilized this 4th USB DAW port for some kind of control? It doesn't necessarily need to control Sonar's surround. But, it might be useful for other functions. Thoughts?

• Like 1

6 hours ago, mamero said:

1. For Sonar projects where there are more the 24 tracks, is it possible to have the DM2000 flip to the higher track numbers? So, the control surface channels would flip to control 24 - 48, 49 - 72 etc. Not sure if this would be something in the DM or Sonar's settings.

There's two functions that do that:

• Bank Up/Bank Down - move the current track by banks of 8
  • Channel Up/Channel Down - move the current track by 1

I've checked the code, and the MackieControl is correctly interpreting the HUI versions of those buttons, so you'll just need to make sure they're correctly assigned on the DM2000.

6 hours ago, mamero said:

2. The DM2000 has 4 USB ports dedicated to DAW control. 1 - 3 linked to tracks 1-8, 9-16, and 17-24. The 4th USB port is linked to the surround section. Is there a way I could utilized this 4th USB DAW port for some kind of control? It doesn't necessarily need to control Sonar's surround. But, it might be useful for other functions. Thoughts?

I don't think there's anything in MackieControl.dll that would deal with that. However, you could use AZController on that port to map the messages to anything you want - it's complex, but very flexible. @azslow3 has just released a new version today which works better with the 2020.01 release of CbB.  The  community at http://www.azslow.com/index.php should be able to help you with set up.

• Like 1

HI:)

I don't think there's anything in MackieControl.dll that would deal with that. However, you could use AZController on that port to map the messages to anything you want - it's complex, but very flexible. @azslow3 has just released a new version today which works better with the 2020.01 release of CbB.  The  community at http://www.azslow.com/index.php should be able to help you with set up.

@msmcleod

I'm helping always with pleasure. It's fun for me to make AZC Presets although I'm not really finished with mine;) (Videos are missing)

Bassman.