Spitfire BBC Orchestra Update

cclarry

You know that giant, disc devouring product we tricked you into buying at a level far beyond your needs because we didn't offer the more reasonable (price and size) versions?  Well we've made it 39GB larger.  Your welcome.

Oh and it won't be in your account yet, even though we sent you email about it.

• Like 2
  • Haha 4

I may give them a lot of flack about it, but it is a great sounding library with a ton of very usable articulations.  It's only real problems are the 558GB of SSD disc space it's currently taking and their player engine.  I have hope the player engine will continue to get better.  The disc space problem though seems like a lost cause, with them adding even more.

• Like 1

The Pro version really does have too many mics.  But it has just enough other things that slightly tips the balance to making it worth it.  The odd thing is that had they presented all three versions during the pre-order and explained all the differences, I'm not really sure what I would have picked.  If it were just the extra mics, I'd have an easier time.  But it never is just mics.  Update still isn't in my account.  Guess it's going to be a while.

I seen the email. For me, with CORE it isn't too heavy. If I had pro though it might feel like passing a kidney stone. Not that I ever have. 

I don't know why I bought it in the first place. It's an excellent library even the CORE version, but I seldom make orchestral music. I have a few other libraries that would have done in a pinch....so I guess I had orchestral GAS there for awhile. 

11 minutes ago, Starise said:

I seen the email. For me, with CORE it isn't too heavy. If I had pro though it might feel like passing a kidney stone. Not that I ever have. 

I don't know why I bought it in the first place. It's an excellent library even the CORE version, but I seldom make orchestral music. I have a few other libraries that would have done in a pinch....so I guess I had orchestral GAS there for awhile. 

Eh...The Pro version is about the same size as Vienna Symphonic. The difference being that Vienna was over 700 GB in size back when 1 TB hard drivers were expensive.

• Like 1