SI Bass Guitar tutorial

Friends,

I've been searching for a tutorial to help understand the implementation of the SI Bass Guitar.    Is there a folder that contains those grids?  Specifically, how do I get the pattern grid into my project?  I like the NiceBass using either or both Pop or walking  in the Jazz blues section.

Any help appreciated

The online help is pretty comprehensive.

It may be found by clicking in the plug-in UI followed by the F1 key.

The patterns are stored in C:\ProgramData\Cakewalk\Studio Instruments\SI-Bass Guitar\Patterns

There is no need to access the patterns directly from this folder.

They may be dragged and dropped directly from the SI-Bass pattern browser into an instrument or MIDI track in the project.

Like SI-Drums, SI-Bass patterns may be played by using MIDI notes below the instrument range. For SI-Bass

Pattern 1 is played by MIDI Note 8

Pattern 2 by MIDI note 9

Pattern 3 by MIDI note 10

Pattern 4 by MIDI note 11

and MIDI note 7 stops patterns from playing.

Again this info is in the help.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 10 months later...

I just discovered SI-Bass Guitar and I'm using it for the first time. I can't figure out how to change the duration of the notes. I want to hold a note/let it 'ring' at the end of a verse. I've read through these messages but I don't see anything about controlling the duration of the notes. I'm new to Midi, not a Professional - I've always recorded my own guitar & bass tracks. Thanks for any help you might have!

Edited by Don Cobb
Added "I'm new to Midi, not a Professional"

3 hours ago, Don Cobb said:

I just discovered SI-Bass Guitar and I'm using it for the first time. I can't figure out how to change the duration of the notes. I want to hold a note/let it 'ring' at the end of a verse. I've read through these messages but I don't see anything about controlling the duration of the notes. I'm new to Midi, not a Professional - I've always recorded my own guitar & bass tracks. Thanks for any help you might have!

You should have started your own thread as your question is about general use of midi editing. The information you need will be in the documentation under midi editing. 
There are also dozens of videos on the topic found in the Tutorials sub forum here. 

But a quick lesson is in the Piano Roll View grab the end of the note and drag it to the right. 

• Like 1

• 1 month later...