Slate Digital Headphones & Sonar Works Bypass.

garybrun

Hi People.
I would like to setup Cakewalk so I can use Sonarworks or Slate VST without having to switch them off.
I find myself printing the mix sometimes while forgetting to switch the plugins off.
I would like to pput on the headphones when I like or listen to my Focals etc.

Can someone maybe come with a workaround for me...  maybe separate busses that bypass the print!
Hope I am making myself understandable...  but my brain cant compute somethings due to PTSD.

Sonarworks no longer has to be switched off. It acts like a Windows Audio Device and everything pipes thru it before coming out your speakers. It shouldn't affect what goes on INSIDE the DAW and shouldn't show up as part of the mix. It just affects what comes out the speaker, not what goes on the HD.

I was assuming that the OP is using ASIO drivers in the DAW. I didn't think the systemwide service sat in front of the ASIO stack. In any case, the VST plug in does have to be disabled at render time,  at least with the version I have. 

Perhaps newer revs are different.

• Like 1

I don’t have Sonarworks running system wide. I use the headphones plug as stated on the PHONES buss. The ARC buss goes to the RME stereo out. Often I put the Sonarworks plug there (ARC buss, turn off ARC) to “check” translation. 
I don’t care for having Sonarworks running “full time”.

I bought the full package, so as to have both options (cans or speakers) but prefer to use “manually” probably because I’m of a certain age and fear I’d have ARC and Works running at the same time. 🙃

t

• Thanks 1

16 hours ago, garybrun said:

Hopefully soon they will be making a systemwide version for the vsx.
I have a very expensive set of monitors in my studio....  and they would be redundant when the vsx plugin is released.

seriously...  these things are that good!

I use a tool called Equalizer APO that implements the Windows sound system's  audio enhancements capability. This allows developers to write things like custom EQ tools that can be inserted in the sound drivers chain for Windows. Equalizer APO is one of those, and it has the ability to act as a VST host, and I load the Slate plugin so that all Windows sound is processed by VSX. Works great.

Oh yeah,  👍 on your comment about how well the plugin and phones work together, the system is just incredible and IMHO it blows Sonarworks completely out of the water.

Edited by Kevin Walsh
  • Thanks 1