Final Countdown - not a deal

musical

I just wrote to Terry's wife Joan to give her Larry's email address (with his permission) so she can tell him the best way for her to receive the funds. I also told her that if she'd rather communicate through me I'll pass along her details. Will update if/when I hear back.

• Like 6

Just now, fpoir said:

I just wrote to Terry's wife Joan to give her Larry's email address (with his permission) so she can tell him the best way for her to receive the funds. I also told her that if she'd rather communicate through me I'll pass along her details. Will update if/when I hear back.

Sounds great.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Grem said:

It was suggested to just go ahead and give the money to his family now. 

I am sure they could use it. That's how this got started. Him trying to sell stuff to get money for his family.

YES...this was where HE wanted the money to go...so that's a pleasant development!

The message we hoped wouldn't come. 

________

Sadly Terry passed away on Saturday morning. I am sorry to have to give you such bad news. It was very peaceful and I was able to be with him. Which is more than many have been granted over the last year.

Thank you for your kindness. I am constantly surprised by how many friends Terry had and how kind they have all been. 

Best wishes, Joan

• Sad 7

Thanks for pulling this together Larry, and for your communication, Fpoir.    Really happy his family was found and that we can help them directly.  So sad to hear the news but it wasn't unexpected given the rough shape Terry was in from the beginning.  He didn't pass on his own which especially comforting given the pandemic situation.  Raising a glass to Terry as I type.

• Like 2

This is what I wrote

Joan,

It is with our DEEPEST Condolences that we all here at the Cakewalk forum send this to you in the hopes that it may help ease the burden in this situation.  It was comforting to know that he went peacefully.  Terry was our family here in the Cakewalk forum, and he will be deeply missed.

Our Prayers are with you and the family that God will see you through!

It's not a lot, but hopefully helpful nonetheless.

From ALL of Terry's fellow forum mates here on the Cakewalk forum!!!!

If that's acceptable with everyone, then I'll hit send once confirmed

The total being sent, so that everyone knows, is $825.  There were more than $400 in refunds, which
dropped the total, that was over $1,000 at one point, and was not redonated...

• Thanks 5
  • Sad 1