Final Countdown - not a deal

musical

26 minutes ago, fpoir said:

Can we give it a few more weeks? I've found a mailing (not email) address and some names possibly connected to him. I'll send a letter to that address and keep working the names. How about March 1st as a deadline? If I haven't succeeded by then we'll go with whatever everyone here decides.

March 1st it is....

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

Don't overlook other options as well. Local hospitals, police and the phone company are also resources that can be reached out to. You may not be able to get into direct contact via these sources, but you can give them enough information that they can pass on your information (name, contact info, and why you are trying to reach him) to either Terry (hopefully) or his emergency contacts/next of kin. Certain things cannot be divulged to a stranger, but finding out if so-and-so is a registered patient, explaining the situation and asking them to pass your information on is not uncommon. Police do similar with wellness checks, but be conscious of things that might be perceived as invasive by his family.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

On 2/7/2021 at 1:53 PM, mettelus said:

Don't overlook other options as well. Local hospitals, police and the phone company are also resources that can be reached out to. You may not be able to get into direct contact via these sources, but you can give them enough information that they can pass on your information (name, contact info, and why you are trying to reach him) to either Terry (hopefully) or his emergency contacts/next of kin. Certain things cannot be divulged to a stranger, but finding out if so-and-so is a registered patient, explaining the situation and asking them to pass your information on is not uncommon. Police do similar with wellness checks, but be conscious of things that might be perceived as invasive by his family.

Thanks, that's a great suggestion.

• Like 1

Just wanted to post what I've sent to Larsy:

Don't give up trying to find his family, it might take time. But if there are 3 kids around in the school, try to get in touch with school's headmaster and see where it leads...

DON'T Give up GUYS!!!

BR Zok

• Like 4

Back to the top...

Have we decided what to do with the money?

1.  Cancer research in his name
2.  Donate To School Music Program in his area, in his name
3.  Hospital in his area, in his name

Or any other suggestions (if I forgot something please remind me)

I would STILL prefer to get to his family if possible...

2 hours ago, cclarry said:

Back to the top...

Have we decided what to do with the money?

1.  Cancer research in his name
2.  Donate To School Music Program in his area, in his name
3.  Hospital in his area, in his name

Or any other suggestions (if I forgot something please remind me)

I would STILL prefer to get to his family if possible...

Still some time to March.  I guess no reason to rush things? I am from different country  so cannot help with searching for address of the family but there are different ways to try.

I generally - as already mentioned - not a follower of changing purpose of impulse from heart, especially from something what requires urgent help to something what could wait - whatever beautiful it seems to be or is named...

Where is the search at right now?  We know his town, but IIRC that's about all know.  I'd love to help the search but I think for privacy purposes any further info hasn't been divulged.  I'm with Mibby (and a lot of us, I know) that supporting Terry's family is priority one.  If we've exhausted all avenues to find his next of kin, that's cool, but we should at least decide the direction we want to go with the donation.

• Like 3