Final Countdown - not a deal

musical

1 minute ago, Larry Shelby said:

Nothing new Zo...I guess we should start discussing to whom we donate
the money in his name.  At this point, we are not likely to hear from him again.

Nobody knows where he lives ? Adress , fam ? Hospital ? 

Edited by Zo

3 hours ago, Zo said:

Nobody knows where he lives ? Adress , fam ? 

Nope...I know the city...but not the address...I have searched the notices in the city that he resides
and there is nothing there.  But the fact that he hasn't said "anything" since his post is a pretty good
indicator that we are not likely to hear from him again...

Edited by Larry Shelby
  • Sad 3

15 hours ago, Larry Shelby said:

Nothing new Zo...I guess we should start discussing to whom we donate
the money in his name.  At this point, we are not likely to hear from him again.

How about a colon cancer charity. A google search brought up a bunch, I don't know which one to trust. Here's one: https://fightcolorectalcancer.org/about/financials/

Rocky

• Great Idea 1

Hi

I was thinking about what a sad situation this is - I wondered whether we might be able to do something to honour and remember Terry.

If we don't hear anything further and cant get the money to his family, how about we create something like a musical award - we could name it after Terry - say best new comer song or something like that, with the prize being some software that we could use the money we have collected to purchase???

If there is enough money and say Larry is happy to act as custodian we could do it say yearly / 6 monthly?

Just a thought for discussion. It just seems so sad we cannot make contact to try and help out.

Nigel

• Like 2
  • Great Idea 1

Having spent the last 7 years as a marching band parent and getting 3 girls to college (yeah, my profile pic is from '08!!) I would see a lot of kids struggling with old instruments, dog-eared sheet music, and plenty of other obstacles to just learning music.  I didn't see as many kids moving on to study music at university but there were a few.  Private scholarships always went to the BA or engineering students, the ***** lauds, and the usual progression of awards that didn't require a lot of thought in the actual giving.  In Terry's case, his handle was "Musical" and he was in the process of raising three little ones himself.  I'd love to see our gift support a local kid or kids that share the same love for music that  it seems Terry did.  I just had this whimsical thought that maybe we donate the $$$ to a local middle or high school musical program in his city, it gets airplay through the local news, and Terry's family see it and recognize who it is in honor of.

Not in favor of cancer research charities.  I have a feeling that money rarely supports the actual research.

• Like 4

On 2/2/2021 at 8:41 AM, Larry Shelby said:

Nope...I know the city...but not the address...I have searched the notices in the city that he resides
and there is nothing there.  But the fact that he hasn't said "anything" since his post is a pretty good
indicator that we are not likely to hear from him again...

I still hope we can find a way to get the money to his family.

Could you DM me the city? I'll do some searching too.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Marc Cormier said:

I just had this whimsical thought that maybe we donate the $$$ to a local middle or high school musical program in his city, it gets airplay through the local news, and Terry's family see it and recognize who it is in honor of.

I like this idea.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Marc Cormier said:

Having spent the last 7 years as a marching band parent and getting 3 girls to college (yeah, my profile pic is from '08!!) I would see a lot of kids struggling with old instruments, dog-eared sheet music, and plenty of other obstacles to just learning music.  I didn't see as many kids moving on to study music at university but there were a few.  Private scholarships always went to the BA or engineering students, the ***** lauds, and the usual progression of awards that didn't require a lot of thought in the actual giving.  In Terry's case, his handle was "Musical" and he was in the process of raising three little ones himself.  I'd love to see our gift support a local kid or kids that share the same love for music that  it seems Terry did.  I just had this whimsical thought that maybe we donate the $$$ to a local middle or high school musical program in his city, it gets airplay through the local news, and Terry's family see it and recognize who it is in honor of.

Not in favor of cancer research charities.  I have a feeling that money rarely supports the actual research.

+1 for this idea. I like it a lot. 

• Like 2

I agree with Zo as well... Urgent need is something what requires help the most.

With deep respect to all ideas, but for instance young talented in music child can wait a year and still reach her/his dream.

But for instance people who are suffering from illness cannot have another chance ever for anything... They can not have enough time to collect resources for a cure and need it as fast as possible to save their life ...

Also their families suffered so much and probably in many cases spent a lot of money to try to fight to help and  can be under double drama, with deep loss of beloved one and without money to survive through hard times.

• Like 2

11 hours ago, fpoir said:

I still hope we can find a way to get the money to his family.

Could you DM me the city? I'll do some searching too.

Can we give it a few more weeks? I've found a mailing (not email) address and some names possibly connected to him. I'll send a letter to that address and keep working the names. How about March 1st as a deadline? If I haven't succeeded by then we'll go with whatever everyone here decides.

• Like 2
  • Great Idea 4