Issue with mouse pointer? Bug?

saxon1066

Hello!

Every time I launch Cakewalk (latest version and for the past couple of updates), the mouse pointer goes nuts, blinks on and off between pointer and hourglass, and is doubled.  It's enough to give me a seizure and actually makes it difficult to choose an existing project from the list.  Upon loading the project, the problem goes away--it's just at startup, and it only happens for Cakewalk, no other software on my system.  I have attached a movie showing the problem.  Is there a way to fix that?

I'm using Win 10, also latest update.

• 2 weeks later...

If it happens only in the Start Screen, then it's possible to disable the Start Screen (Preferences > Customization > Display: Other:Show Start Screen = off). IMO the Start Screen is not necessary, because you can open the last projects and new projects from the 'File' menu. With new projects this is even better, 'cos there pops up a dialog with the basic project settings. And I swear that CbB starts really faster without SC! 😉

1 hour ago, marled said:

If it happens only in the Start Screen, then it's possible to disable the Start Screen (Preferences > Customization > Display: Other:Show Start Screen = off). IMO the Start Screen is not necessary, because you can open the last projects and new projects from the 'File' menu. With new projects this is even better, 'cos there pops up a dialog with the basic project settings. And I swear that CbB starts really faster without SC! 😉

I'll give that a try!  Thanks marled.

On 1/24/2021 at 12:21 PM, marled said:

Nope, it still happened with the start screen turned off.  I'm at a loss. Already tried a clean reinstall.