New laptop, Behringer XENYX USB, no worky! Helllllllp!

Barry Seymour

Question

Hey guys, I hope you can help me, I'm at my wit's end.

I've been working with Cakewalk for the past year, had a lot of success, has been recording songs just great on a six year old Toshiba laptop.

But I now I have a new HP Envy laptop, and I can't get my Behringer Xenyx 302 USB mixer to work with it at all. i Install the ASIO driver and plug in the mixer, then either it doesn't work, or the outputs go somewhere else, or there's latency, or it just doesn't work at all, or it works, but then at my next session it fails again. I am mystified.  I've tried ASIO4ALL (worked on my old laptop), ASIOLinkPro, and another one whose name I forget. Nothing.

At this point, I'm thinking I need a Focusrite Scarlett, or some other mixer that has dedicated drivers. But it need it to be reliable. I don't want to be fiddle farting around with drivers and settings, I just want to set it up once and have it work.

Any suggestions?  Thanks.

Barry

Edited by Barry Seymour

6 answers to this question

10 hours ago, Barry Seymour said:

Well, I dug out the old driver package I used to use for my previous Behringer audio interface from the mid-2000s and it's working.  The one they said not to use.

Phew. At least my new $1,300 laptop is working now.

@Barry Seymour,

I'm glad to hear that the mfr driver got your DAW purring.  If, moving forward, you see any further issues with audio drivers, consider also disabling Realtek HD Audio for sessions where the Behringer is connected.  You didn't mention it above, so I'm just assuming.

Years back, realtek generated all kinds squirrely interference with my Roland Studio Capture, at the weirdest times.  Because, I rarely undock my laptop from the studio, I opted to disable realtek at startup (Task manager) rather than the device manager.