bounce to clips

the 'bounce to clips' option in cakewalk has always been a little iffy and if over loaded can crash the system. I've recently obtaine bandlab and it is running alongside my original Sonar Platinum. Whereas the bounce to clips would baulk at a long multi clip track and crash in the bandlab system it crashes merely tasked to unite 2 short clips? why would this be. It actually completes the bounce to clips function followed immediately by an "audio drop out". I know there is a work around by saving before bouncing to clips but it still means closing cakewalk and opening it up again in order to continue with audio. I have a fairly well msi specced laptop which

copes well  in all other functions. I would very much welcome some advice as to how I might overcome this issue.

2 hours ago, brianlangtry@hotmail.co.uk said:

the 'bounce to clips' option in cakewalk has always been a little iffy and if over loaded can crash the system. I've recently obtaine bandlab and it is running alongside my original Sonar Platinum. Whereas the bounce to clips would baulk at a long multi clip track and crash in the bandlab system it crashes merely tasked to unite 2 short clips? why would this be. It actually completes the bounce to clips function followed immediately by an "audio drop out". I know there is a work around by saving before bouncing to clips but it still means closing cakewalk and opening it up again in order to continue with audio. I have a fairly well msi specced laptop which

copes well  in all other functions. I would very much welcome some advice as to how I might overcome this issue.

Its not clear if you are referring to a crash or a drop out since you say that it completes the bounce and then you get a drop out. A drop out is not a crash...

On 1/12/2021 at 12:56 PM, brianlangtry@hotmail.co.uk said:

It actually completes the bounce to clips function followed immediately by an "audio drop out". I know there is a work around by saving before bouncing to clips but it still means closing cakewalk and opening it up again in order to continue with audio. I have a fairly well msi specced laptop which copes well  in all other functions. I would very much welcome some advice as to how I might overcome this issue.

What happens if you stop playback, bounce, then resume playback?