Carbon Electra FREE With any Purchase at Plugin Boutique

cclarry

3 hours ago, paulo said:

Having spent some more time today with the demo of CE I'm still struggling to find a reason to buy something cheap that I don't really want just to get it "free". 

Am I missing something?

Probably not.  I just felt like buying something. Everyone on this forum knows the feeling. 😁

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

6 hours ago, paulo said:

Having spent some more time today with the demo of CE I'm still struggling to find a reason to buy something cheap that I don't really want just to get it "free". 

Am I missing something?

I guess it depends how you look at it. If you’d jump at the chance to get Carbon Electra for $5, why not buy something you won’t use for $5 to get Carbon Elektra for free?

9 hours ago, paulo said:

Am I missing something?

Hi paulo, here is my opinion:
You are not missing anything. You did your "homework" and demoed it.
If it does not add anything useful to your music production, then do not get it.

• Thanks 1

9 hours ago, LAGinz said:

I guess it depends how you look at it. If you’d jump at the chance to get Carbon Electra for $5, why not buy something you won’t use for $5 to get Carbon Elektra for free?

I guess the answer to that is that I didn't jump when it was $5. Figured that I'd give it a second look, but came to the same conclusion. 

12 hours ago, Michael Docy said:

I just felt like buying something. Everyone on this forum knows the feeling. 😁

I wanted to want it, but I didn't. Does this mean I am cured?

Will you guys still talk to me now or am I to be ostracised for not following forum etiquette........?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

There is this as something to get and then Carbon electra FREE along with it:

https://www.pluginboutique.com/product/1-Instruments/58-Inst-Bundle/7218-ImPerfect-Expansions-Bundle

ImPerfect & Expansions Bundle - $16

"You can now get ImPerfect along with all expansion packs, giving you ImPerfect with a huge amount of brand new additional presets, in one unique package."

If you are dying to pickup a good virtual analog synth this weekend, I would instead hop on over to Waves and pick up Element 2 for $29. https://www.waves.com/plugins/element#future-trap-bass-element-synth-tutorial

Deal ends this weekend!

I picked that one up on sale a while back, and it's now among my top 3 virtual analogs!

Edited by abacab

1 hour ago, aidan o driscoll said:

There is this as something to get and then Carbon electra FREE along with it:

https://www.pluginboutique.com/product/1-Instruments/58-Inst-Bundle/7218-ImPerfect-Expansions-Bundle

ImPerfect & Expansions Bundle - $16

"You can now get ImPerfect along with all expansion packs, giving you ImPerfect with a huge amount of brand new additional presets, in one unique package."

Have you actually tried it? 

The expansions are not in the demo, so I can't say anything about them, but the demo version itself really doesn't have much going for it. The only thing I liked was how easy it was to  mix in a little white/pink noise which was just as well as it needed that to improve most of the sounds a little. If anyone else tries it, be aware that the default volume setting for most presets is louder than hell.

3 minutes ago, paulo said:

Have you actually tried it? 

The expansions are not in the demo, so I can't say anything about them, but the demo version itself really doesn't have much going for it. The only thing I liked was how easy it was to  mix in a little white/pink noise which was just as well as it needed that to improve most of the sounds a little. If anyone else tries it, be aware that the default volume setting for most presets is louder than hell.

Fraid not .. Just spotted it as a way of getting Carbon Electra and getting another synth into the bargain. Lots of expansions so better value again. Possibly worth a punt for both for princely sum of $16

1 hour ago, aidan o driscoll said:

Fraid not .. Just spotted it as a way of getting Carbon Electra and getting another synth into the bargain. Lots of expansions so better value again. Possibly worth a punt for both for princely sum of $16

That's why I tried it, but it's really not very good. I'd rather have the $16.