Electronic Drum Kit not mapped right

Donovan Knott

First off I'm not entirely sure if mapping is the right term for this, but the problems seems very simple to fix and I'm just missing the solution. I have an Alesis Nitro drum module and want to record a cover using MIDI. Most of my kit is fine and able to record, the only issue is my kick drum pad is mapped to the floor tom (so when I trigger the kick the resulting sound is the floor tom) and i cannot figure out how to get it to play the kick part and leave the rest the same.  If anyone knows how to make my kick drum work as a kick drum that would be amazing!!

Hi Donovan and welcome to the Cakewalk forums.

What you will have to do is create a new Drum Map from the Properties>MIDI>Drum Map Manager page.   You may have to remap all of the drums in your kit even if they are already mapped correctly.

Kind regards,

tecknot

The easiest solution is to open the midi track that is triggering the Module and using the piano keyboard on the left see what notes are assigned to the sounds. If the MIDI track  kick is on a C note and the Module Kick uses a B just select all the C notes by pressing that key and then drag them down to the B or ? 

Edited by John Vere