Clicking Audio while using Cakewalk effects!

Magiskeld

Hello there! I am using old Sonar X3 Producer (pre-Bandlab) with my Focusrite Scarlett 18i8. For some reason when I use some/most of the Cakewalk effects it causes clicking in the Audio. I have tried every possible buffer size, to no avail. I'm in need of the Perfect Space Reverb and Harmony Engine. Both are un usable at the moment. I have also tried unclicking Enable read and write boxes for Caching under File System. Any help someone could offer me would be fantastic! Thank you very much in advance!

Jen

I would guess that they are 32 bit plugins and thats why you are having the issues. I have had similar issues with a number of plugins. At one time they all ran perfectly but either something happened with Windows 10, and also on my older Windows 7 install, that caused issues with Bitbridge (the included software that allows 32 bit plugins to run in 64 bit Sonar) and now they stutter and pop all the time. If you can I would seek out some newer 64 bit plugins to use as an alternative to see if you still have issues then.

Edited by NealClark
  • Like 1

10 hours ago, Magiskeld said:

Hello there! I am using old Sonar X3 Producer (pre-Bandlab) with my Focusrite Scarlett 18i8. For some reason when I use some/most of the Cakewalk effects it causes clicking in the Audio. I have tried every possible buffer size, to no avail. I'm in need of the Perfect Space Reverb and Harmony Engine. Both are un usable at the moment. I have also tried unclicking Enable read and write boxes for Caching under File System. Any help someone could offer me would be fantastic! Thank you very much in advance!

Jen

Have you tried changing your sample rates to 16bit? 

Also change the buffer size of the 18i8 higher. 512 or 1024 should do the job in X3. 

• Like 1

Bitbridge is a 32bit VST host.

It loads 32bit plug-ins and handles all the communication between the plug-ins and the 64bit DAW.

64bit DAWs cannot load 32bit plug-ins directly.

In the long run it is best to follow the lead of the manufacturer and stop using 32bit plug-ins that are no longer sold or supported.

That or stop updating. It makes little sense to keep updating the OS if the software running on it is not kept current too.

jBridge a paid alternative to Bitbridge may work better in some cases.

Bridges were never intended as a permanent solution.

Bridging was developed to give developers and users time to transition to 64bit.

The transition started over 15 years ago,

• Like 2

Yeah @scook, had the program for years but only recently got back to music. The plugs were the ones that came with it back then, and a few sounded quite interesting before the clicking started. It appears I have a Bitbridge with the DAW, but i'll have to figure out 0 to server 1, 2, 3 and 4 do. Thanks much for you insights.

Regards,

Jen