IK Multimedia - SampleTank 4.03 Now Available

1 hour ago, abacab said:

The acoustic Steel String Parlor  guitar in full KS, and the electric Black LP and Red Strat in their full KS presets are huge troublemakers for me in this regard. ;)

Confirmed here!

So there is still a huge problem with memory management here. I also tried again with switching the binaural pianos out and they did not crash but I am finding the larger Key Switched instruments are the most prone to crash.  The real problem is that we are just talking about using ONE preset slot. It really becomes problematic if you have let's say a multi or different parts on the other available slots.

34 minutes ago, Simeon Amburgey said:

The real problem is that we are just talking about using ONE preset slot. It really becomes problematic if you have let's say a multi or different parts on the other available slots.

Exactly! I have not even had the desire to go there yet, LOL!

One thing that I observed about the new streaming options, say "Small" vs. "Large", is that the presets load up much quicker with the "Small" setting. They take forever with "Large". "Medium" seems to be about the same as before the most recent v4.0.3 update.

I could almost go make a pot of coffee in the amount of time it took to load the Red Strat Full Keyswitch using the "Large" streaming setting. xD

• Haha 1

Hi sorry to hear you are still having some issues and I thank you for also continuing to work with IK Support.  Definitely make sure you have 4.0.3 and the 1.3 sound update installed and note that there are some issues that have now been verified and added to the SampleTank 4 Status thread at https://cgi.ikmultimedia.com/ikforum/viewtopic.php?f=12&t=20719

1. Crash when playing notes after loading several instruments (i.e. Black LP) [Will be fixed in 4.0.4]
  2. Sporadic crash when playing arpeggios [Will be fixed in 4.0.4]
  3. Crash when loading instruments with corrupted tanks [Will be fixed in 4.0.4]
  4. Combis from ST2 imported via ST3 not loading instruments correctly [Will be fixed in 4.0.4]
  5. PSTS engine (Pitch-shift/Time-stretch) or STRETCH resource usage optimization in certain cases
  6. General ongoing optimization

• Thanks 2

It's a bit better than it was. I installed the v4.0.3 when it first released.

Then earlier today I re-installed "ST4_MAX_Instruments_Installer_1_1", followed by the "ST4_MAX_Sound_Library_Update_1_3". That seems to have helped for today, as I didn't get the insta-crashes with certain instruments. The memory use also seemed to stay in line as I was auditioning various presets. Hard to say if there are other variables at play here, and just didn't hit the rough patch today. Time will tell!

Looking forward to 4.0.4!!! ;)

Edited by abacab
  • Like 1