Plugin Browser Sort by Date Added, Name, Type

On 1/12/2021 at 12:11 AM, John Paul Anthony Dela Cruz said:

Hello guys. I would like to propose a feature that would allow users to sort plugins in the plugin browser. Category grouping is quite helpful but the sorting feature can also be a useful tool in some cases.

Thanks.

Browser would be nice how in picture from Vital Synth preset browser but for plugins and sounds in Cakewalk

browser.jpg.3dabfc25c72a67b57ea0c7076753adeb.jpg

Edited by solarlux
  • Like 1

I support this, especially the date added part. I try out a LOT of plug-ins, nearly every freeware one that comes along gets installed and fiddled with a bit, and they can get installed into non-intuitive categories. Also, the display name might differ somewhat from the name of the plug-in. No matter what manufacturer actually coded it, if they sell it through PluginAlliance it will show up with PA as the mfr., so that can confuse things, too. Not under Unfiltered Audio, but Plugin Alliance.

While we're at it, I'll feature creep it to drag and drop organization in the Browser, please? I forget that this doesn't work and keep half-consciously trying it.

• Like 3

I'd also like sub-categories as well. I try and use several plugins and the plugin menu can get large to the point you have to manually scroll it, as it doesn't expand sideways. Also:

- You can't search plugins by category when you order them by manufacturer.
- You can't search plugins by manufacturer when they're ordered by category.

• Like 1