Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Hidden Symmetry

Under Your Umbrella

Recommended Posts

1 minute ago, Hidden Symmetry said:

Marimba, vibes, xylo , glocks are all different (similar to acoustic & bass guitars.) The zylo sample used on this track was probably done using hard rubber mallets, not felt.. but yeah it's a melodic percussion instrument playing with the melody.

Knowing the exact type of instrument used is irrelevant to the point I'm making, considering that's the only keyboard mallet in the song.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Bruno de Souza Lino said:

Knowing the exact type of instrument used is irrelevant to the point I'm making, considering that's the only keyboard mallet in the song.

Sure it's relevant, just like an acoustic & bass guitar aren't the same. If someone can't tell the difference or doesn't want to know the difference then I tend not to trust that persons ears as well. But thanks for listening anyway...

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Hidden Symmetry said:

Sure it's relevant, just like an acoustic & bass guitar aren't the same. If someone can't tell the difference or doesn't want to know the difference then I tend not to trust that persons ears as well. But thanks for listening anyway...

 

You're not welcome. I regret commenting about it and wish I could buy the time I wasted back.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
44 minutes ago, Bruno de Souza Lino said:

You're not welcome. I regret commenting about it and wish I could buy the time I wasted back.

good to know, now where did I put that fly swatter?...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This was hypnotic.  For some reason I kept thinking I was hearing a rotary phone ringing in the background, no?  :D:D  I'm envious that you can put together such great music.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

updated 3/2/2021..Background video for Under Your Umbrella from my latest album SPAN..(final release mix) Enjoy & be safe...

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/2/2021 at 6:29 PM, David Sprouse said:

builds nicely. Your pieces have an optimistic and cheerful feel to them.   

Thanks David

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yeah, that's Frank-like but better sounding than Frank's stuff, IMO! Thanks for sharing this.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/2/2021 at 5:04 PM, daryl1968 said:

Heard this on Amazon this afternoon. Very nice again. 

Thanks again for listening Daryl

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, timboalogo said:

Yeah, that's Frank-like but better sounding than Frank's stuff, IMO! Thanks for sharing this.

& thanks for listening & your comment.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Nice! Guitar playing and tone reminds me of John McLaughlin.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I can't get into the genre, but I appreciate the musicianship. Excuse my denseness but would this be considered progressive rock or more like jazz?  Seems to be improvisational?
Love the video.
-Bjorn

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
On 3/5/2021 at 3:45 PM, Ron D said:

Nice! Guitar playing and tone reminds me of John McLaughlin.

Thanks Ron, very kind of you to say!

On 3/6/2021 at 1:47 AM, bjornpdx said:

I can't get into the genre, but I appreciate the musicianship. Excuse my denseness but would this be considered progressive rock or more like jazz?  Seems to be improvisational?
Love the video.
-Bjorn

Hi Bjorn, thanks for listening & the feedback.

Edited by Hidden Symmetry

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in



Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...