Under Your Umbrella

Hidden Symmetry

1 minute ago, Hidden Symmetry said:

Marimba, vibes, xylo , glocks are all different (similar to acoustic & bass guitars.) The zylo sample used on this track was probably done using hard rubber mallets, not felt.. but yeah it's a melodic percussion instrument playing with the melody.

Knowing the exact type of instrument used is irrelevant to the point I'm making, considering that's the only keyboard mallet in the song.

1 hour ago, Bruno de Souza Lino said:

Knowing the exact type of instrument used is irrelevant to the point I'm making, considering that's the only keyboard mallet in the song.

Sure it's relevant, just like an acoustic & bass guitar aren't the same. If someone can't tell the difference or doesn't want to know the difference then I tend not to trust that persons ears as well. But thanks for listening anyway...

3 hours ago, Hidden Symmetry said:

Sure it's relevant, just like an acoustic & bass guitar aren't the same. If someone can't tell the difference or doesn't want to know the difference then I tend not to trust that persons ears as well. But thanks for listening anyway...

You're not welcome. I regret commenting about it and wish I could buy the time I wasted back.

On 3/5/2021 at 3:45 PM, Ron D said:

Nice! Guitar playing and tone reminds me of John McLaughlin.

Thanks Ron, very kind of you to say!

On 3/6/2021 at 1:47 AM, bjornpdx said:

I can't get into the genre, but I appreciate the musicianship. Excuse my denseness but would this be considered progressive rock or more like jazz?  Seems to be improvisational?
Love the video.
-Bjorn

Hi Bjorn, thanks for listening & the feedback.

Edited by Hidden Symmetry