Under Your Umbrella

Hidden Symmetry

7 minutes ago, Hidden Symmetry said:

Not about Frank at all but Aaron Copeland & composing the chords underneath the melody...I remembered a pic of him under one...

Thanks for the clarification.  I found a picture of AC online "Aaron Copland under umbrella, University of Kansas, 1973."  Maybe there are others, too.

Edited by User 905133
correction

2 hours ago, jack c. said:

here's what ya do,each song start printing chords.they are so wonderful.yes frank zappa all the way.gigantic great recording job.don't let anyone else master these wonderful tracks!!!!!!!!!!!!!jack c.

Thanks jack, it would save some $ for sure!

20 minutes ago, DeeringAmps said:

👍's

t

love that kick

Thanks Tom 👍

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, Bruno de Souza Lino said:

I feel like those marimbas are not loud enough on the mix.

Thanks for the feedback. I'm sure your mean the zylo cause there's no marimba on this track. I'll check them out next time I re-visit the track. Usually it's eq or comp issues with zylo's more than a level one. With lots of tracks on this project I usually need to take Coco's advice before releasing...

3 hours ago, Wookiee said:

Now what to say about this @Hidden Symmetry Sweeeeeeeeeeeeeeet loved the tones, loved the playing, the mix was superb here on the Adams. oved it. :) 

Thanks Wookiee, appreciate the listen. Glad it translated on your monitors.

17 hours ago, Paul Bush said:

Yes very Zapparish but in a great way `` but I`ve got the crystal ball´´ I like it a lot,  really well done. great guitar tone 

Thanks Paul, glad you enjoyed the tune & thanks for listening.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Hidden Symmetry said:

Thanks for the feedback. I'm sure your mean the zylo cause there's no marimba on this track. I'll check them out next time I re-visit the track. Usually it's eq or comp issues with zylo's more than a level one. With lots of tracks on this project I usually need to take Coco's advice before releasing...

The piano thing with bars you hit with felt sticks to make that sound. 😑

• Haha 2

42 minutes ago, Bruno de Souza Lino said:

The piano thing with bars you hit with felt sticks to make that sound. 😑

Marimba, vibes, xylo , glocks are all different (similar to acoustic & bass guitars.) The zylo sample used on this track was probably done using hard rubber mallets, not felt.. but yeah it's a melodic percussion instrument playing with the melody.