Audio and Zoom meeting

Pablo Vasquez

I use a single interface. I have a Focusrite Scarlet 18i8 and have it setup like this for streaming.

I use the front inputs for guitar or any other input I need to be going into CbB. The outputs from CbB are set to go back out to the monitor and headphone outs as normal. The Focusrite units also have an inbuilt "loopback" within it's internal software. This allows me to take anything coming into the Scarlett and route it to the loopback internally on the Audio interface. Within the loopback settings I can also mix in a Live mic, connected into one of the spare front inputs, along with my CbB output. This loopback is then taken as the "live" input to any other software that I need to have that capability. So it can be used with Skype, Google Meets, Zoom, OBS etc. All of the Audio in and out of CbB uses ASIO for low latency so that you can, for example, play live guitar without any timing issues. The inputs from the loopback into the streaming sofware just use the standard windows audio drivers so there isnt any conflict with ASIO.

Now I know that not all interfaces have that same level of internal mixing that the Focusrite units have. However a similar way of getting the same functionality can also be had by taking, if you have them, a cable from the SPDIF out back into the SPDIF in. Sending the CbB outputs to the SPDIF, as well as your main outs, then briging them back into the other software, ie Zoom, by setting the inputs to be the SPDIF in. You will of course need the correct SPDIF cable.

Hope thats makes sense. Works flawlessly for me and allows me to livestream with CbB as part of my audio. Obviously the ability to do this will be dependant on the capabilities and connections available on your audio interface.

Edited by NealClark
  • Thanks 2

Solved, I used VB-CABLE Virtual Audio Device for routing (https://vb-audio.com/Cable/index.htm) and Voxengo Recorder (https://www.voxengo.com/product/recorder/) plugin on master bus to route audio. Audio quality is good, but not good enough to notice subtle differences in mixes. I imagine it depends on the sender and receiver internet connections.

Greetings from Argentina!

I  can record Cakewalk tutorials into OBS screen capture program no problem. It has a streaming option It took some fussing but I think what worked for me is the setting in Sound  Device properties/ Additional device properties/ Advanced tab   Uncheck the exclusive control box as in picture. Then Cakewalk can share the ASIO drivers and your interface with other software. 

2021-01-08.png

Edited by John Vere