Setting up a multisampled instrument

JoeGBradford

I've recently bought Zero G's World pack which includes multisamples to create a multisampled instrument. I've not created one before so was wondering what I am best to use. I'm assuming one of the samplers in Reason would be a possibility but if I wanted an instrument I could use in CbB what should I use? Not sure if it is possible to set one up in the free versions of Kontakt Player, Komplete Kontrol, Halion SE, Momentum or Independence that I own. If not what is the most user friendly free sampler around - ideally one that could automatically map the samples across the keyboard - or am I asking too much of a freebie? 

Thanks in anticipation of any advice you can give me

Sforzando is a soundfont player - you can't create soundfonts with it.

I believe you can with TW16Wx, but not 100% sure.  I personally use Sample Robot to create my multi-samples (including soundfonts).

The only other program I know of that can create soundfonts is viena  (note the single n... not to be confused with Vienna which is Creative's own product): 
http://www.synthfont.com/Downloads.html

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, msmcleod said:

Sforzando is a soundfont player - you can't create soundfonts with it.

I believe you can with TW16Wx, but not 100% sure.  I personally use Sample Robot to create my multi-samples (including soundfonts).

The only other program I know of that can create soundfonts is viena  (note the single n... not to be confused with Vienna which is Creative's own product): 
http://www.synthfont.com/Downloads.html

Thanks. Is there an advantage to creating soundfonts rather than making a sampler instrument? 

2 minutes ago, JoeGBradford said:

Thanks. Is there an advantage to creating soundfonts rather than making a sampler instrument? 

Maybe... if you're gonna share them, but then again not many people use sound fonts nowadays. NKI (Kontakt) and SFZ are more popular.

Personally, I wouldn't bother though.  I'd just the samples you have into TX16Wx and use them from there. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, msmcleod said:

Maybe... if you're gonna share them, but then again not many people use sound fonts nowadays. NKI (Kontakt) and SFZ are more popular.

Personally, I wouldn't bother though.  I'd just the samples you have into TX16Wx and use them from there. 

Thanks. I must admit I thought SFZ were soundfonts! I'll stick to samples then

Soundfonts are a binary format requiring a special editor to create and maintain. The files contain audio data.

Sfz files are text files that may be created using any text editor. Generally the files do not contain audio data instead, they contain the names of the audio files.

• Thanks 1