Update notifications?

Wookiee

If one does not regularly open Bandlab Assistant how does one find out if there is an update to CbB.

I only discovered there was an update this month because of a FB group I belong to.  Yet the update had been released prior to me firing up CbB that day, however when I started CbB I did not get notified as I thought one should be.

Does BA need to be up to date for the notification function in CbB to work?

A furry mind needs to know. 😎

Thanks @msmcleod I am aware of that but sometime when one is busy one does not think to do that.  I thought that a function was introduced an update or two back that automatically informed you of a new release.. This did not happen this time round and I was wondering if it was dependent on BA being upt to date as well.

Just now, Wookiee said:

Thanks @msmcleod I am aware of that but sometime when one is busy one does not think to do that.  I thought that a function was introduced an update or two back that automatically informed you of a new release.. This did not happen this time round and I was wondering if it was dependent on BA being upt to date as well.

AFAIK the menu option in CbB only lets you know if you're up to date or not.

You still need to fire up BA to actually do the update, which will in turn check for any BA updates too.

I'm not aware of any "push" notifications of updates.

47 minutes ago, Wookiee said:

Does BA need to be up to date for the notification function in CbB to work?

Probably depends on how old BA is on the machine in question. Likely needs to be a version released around the time the feature was added to CbB. BA has gone through quite a few changes since the initial release of CbB.

4 minutes ago, scook said:

Probably depends on how old BA is on the machine in question. Likely needs to be a version released around the time the feature was added to CbB. BA has gone through quite a few changes since the initial release of CbB.

To the best of my knowledge I was running the latest version of BA which had the facility,  I know that I got such a notification in CbB previously, but not this time.  That is the reason for asking.

1 hour ago, msmcleod said:

AFAIK the menu option in CbB only lets you know if you're up to date or not.

You still need to fire up BA to actually do the update, which will in turn check for any BA updates too.

I'm not aware of any "push" notifications of updates.

If you use the menu option the notification pops up. On it there's a tab saying update. Click on that and the assistant starts.

Just did that. Had to close CbB to do the update.

Edited by Kurre
Addition.

What I found confusing about the help

Show Update Notifications. This option tells Cakewalk to show a pop-up toast notification at the bottom of the screen if a program update is available. Your computer must have an active internet connection, and you must be signed into BandLab Assistant in order to receive update notifications

was the bit about being signed into BA. I read that as BA must be running but that is not the case. What is required is a valid BA login must be stored on disk.