Fractured Slumber

treesha

Just finished this months in the works song, between home repairs and kept too busy getting new free and cheap stuff thanks to the deals forum, and on top of those bought Ampleguitar Stratocaster. This is my first attempt to use it. A lot to learn and I think some parts of the “neck” sound better than others. Tried to use some tips I read on the forum about guitar vsts. Overall I think it sounds mostly better than my hagstrom that is way overdue for work ! The image is the inside of a pot colorized. I guess this is a rock song with orchestral elements? It was fun to make. I tried to make the drum parts more interesting based on previous feedback. Thanks for listening and any feedback, treesha

Thanks for the comments! Jack c yes. I used a slightly distorted preset in ample sc instrument with a reduced amount of delay and reverb in that preset then put it through a  th3 preset i liked with it. I dont know john foxx music but will check it out. Nigel the pot is actually a stainless steel water distiller i use to purify my well water. When its done the inside of the pot has some mineral residues that make interesting patterns. Being into abstract photography i took advantage of the moment. Glad you guys think the guitar sounds ok. I have lots to learn about how to use it! Electric guitar is my favorite instrument. Thanks again

3 hours ago, Bajan Blue said:

Pot as in "Pot" or is it Pot as in Pot

😁

14 hours ago, treesha said:

too busy getting new free and cheap stuff

That's a rabbit hole...

14 hours ago, treesha said:

Tried to use some tips I read on the forum about guitar vsts

You are braver than I.

👍

t

I laughed when i read your comments so they translated fine and my quick ha was my laughing translating back. Thanks for the thumbs too up i did notice 🙂 and appreciate it lots but my first response was giggling about your humorous comments. Thanks for humoring up my day always a good thing

• Like 1

Thanks for listening and I’m glad you appreciated it! I have been making mostly instrumentals since getting komplete kontrol  and a few synths before that. Just started on a not synth instrumental and i am enjoying the drums bass guitar vocals organ thing after so much synths! 

Thanks for the feedback. I am not a proficient guitar player and wouldn’t have considered how a good guitar player would have more variations in the phrases and range. I played bass way longer and think i play guitar like bass in a way. The ample strat is new to me and i am far from knowing how to use the articulations etc.   I will pay more attention to the things you point out so thanks for commenting. Always more to learn! 

Thanks David! It is my first attempt to use my newly purchased ample guitar strat instrument. I played first on my guitar then melodyned to midi then fixed the midi then into the ample and  Th3.  No lyrics came to mind and it was pretty full already. Working on one now with lyrics lets see if i am brave enough to post one with me singing ha.