Audio Restoration Tools

Eric Joseph

I would love to see some audio restoration tools added to Cakewalk similar to those found in Adobe Audition (Spectral frequency Display with Selection Tools and Spot Healing Tools and Capture Noise Print to Remove Noise from Bad Recordings.) I there are already similar features, please let me know.

Thanks

• Great Idea 1

I, too, would like to see this. Mixcraft, my other DAW, has it built right in to clip properties. I even suspect that BandLab already have licensed algorithms that could be put to the task, given that there are multiple stretching and pitch shifting algorithms from zPlane and iZotope.

In the meantime, the freeware Cockos Reaplugs ReaFIR works really well. Also, iZotope RX Elements is often available at deep discount from various retailers. It contains most of the basic noise removal parts of RX, and they may be used as individual FX. I believe I got my license as a "free with any purchase" at Pluginboutique.

First, me too, I had been pleased to have RX Elements to do those jobs. But then I pinched a deal to upgrade to RX7 Standard. In the beginning I was kind of disappointed, because I had the impression that the additional functions did not help me a lot. But in the last time I have learned how to use those functions and I am overwhelmed of the possibilities. Spectral Repair can almost do wonders! 😉 You can remove microphone thumps and such things with ease.

I want to add that there is also a competitor product to RX Elements, Acon Digital's Restoration Suite. It is a very fine product, too. The only disadvantage is that there is no possible upgrade step to something like RX Standard. Before I bought RX Elements I had made a comparison and nearly decided to take the Restoration Suite. But now I am glad I did not, because the upgrade to RX7 Standard was one of my best buys in 2020.

• Like 1