Track has double waves?

Marcello

You've recorded a mono signal on to a stereo track.  Most likely you've picked a stereo input to record a mono signal.

For each input device, you'll get 3 inputs, e.g.:

image.thumb.png.7c89740f99086ac2c4c2c921579b2335.png

If you're recording a mono signal,  make sure you pick the corresponding mono input.

• Like 2

Actually I don't know Lol, I have just recorded guitars with TH-U, that's it, I can pan left or right so should be stereo, I have forgotten indeed to put NONE in input, now I have recomputed the wave image but it's still the same even if input none, no idea.

1 hour ago, msmcleod said:

You've recorded a mono signal on to a stereo track.  Most likely you've picked a stereo input to record a mono signal.

For each input device, you'll get 3 inputs, e.g.:

image.thumb.png.7c89740f99086ac2c4c2c921579b2335.png

If you're recording a mono signal,  make sure you pick the corresponding mono input.

Bloody hell actually I totally didn't get the mono stereo thing, should I record the guitars in stereo or mono? What's recommended?

15 minutes ago, Marcello said:

Bloody hell actually I totally didn't get the mono stereo thing, should I record the guitars in stereo or mono? What's recommended?

I guess that's a personal choice.

A lot of people prefer to record guitars in mono - especially if they're recording a real amp.

I personally use an effects processor (VG88), so I tend to record stereo for the main signal, but I also record a dry mono signal (i.e. the guitar with no effects at all) to another track... just in case I want to re-amp later.

Ok well until now I used mono-Right option,  with that I can still pan left and right, if I use stereo same thing, if I set it on mono-Left option when I play I don't hear anything,  is this correct? is it fine if I set all my guitars in mono-right but then I pan them?

I thought that with mono you could not pan the guitars.

Just now, Marcello said:

Ok well until now I used mono-Right option,  with that I can still pan left and right, if I use stereo same thing, if I set it on mono-Left option when I play I don't hear anything,  is this correct? is it fine if I set all my guitars in mono-right but then I pan them?

It’s dead simple.
If there is one cable plugged into your audio interface then you will be recording mono.
If there’s two cables, like from a hardware synth or guitar processor then you record stereo. 
There is no point in recording a mono signal to stereo track. It actually makes it harder to pan correctly. 
The VST effects you add to the mono track are sent out in stereo to your master bus. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Marcello said:

This would be true if the signal leaving the DAW and the playback hardware are mono.

However, mono tracks in the DAW usually resolve to a stereo master bus and out to stereo playback hardware.

23 hours ago, Marcello said:

A mono track can be panned anywhere in the stereo field. Wherever you position it, you will hear the whole signal.

(the following at  least used to be true in SONAR, someone will correct if I'm giving you old info)

Pan knob on stereo tracks is actually a balance knob.
If you simply pan a stereo track, say 100 % left, what happens is, the right side gets simply muted.
If you have a piano recording with left hand parts on the left channel and right hand parts on the right, you don't hear the right hand parts at all, unless you do the panning with a channel tool VST which allows you to position each channel to your liking.

6 hours ago, Marcello said:

I guess you also went through first phase of learning before becoming a pro.

None of us here would ever claim to be a pro. Pro’s wouldn’t even bother with these types of questions. They only like to squabble over which $5,000 gadget is the best. 
I think what @InstrEd  is meaning is sometimes we can only guess at what people are trying to do and what their goals are. 

• Like 1

Yep I was in jest.

Watching  youtube videos how folks use the different DAW's is always interesting for me to watch.   I Am just a hobbyist for the most part.  I graduated college before the main DAW's even came to market.   I remember using Corel Draw and having to take a coffee break as the drawing was taking that long to render.  
Just mention that as how doing things on the computer have changed.  A friend who is now retired Grahic Artist laughs that he never thought he would of been doing almost all of his art work on the computer and even submitting it most of it on-line for his clients to review and okay.

Peace :D

• Like 1