Plugin Missing after Reset and Rescan Etc.

Scott Thorpe

I have just reinstalled Cakewalk as well as the IK Multimedia ARC 2 VST 64 bit plugin and no matter what I do, I cannot get ARC to show in my list of installed plugins within Cakewalk:

-I have uninstalled ARC and reinstalled ARC.

-I have reset and rescanned my VST plugins within Cakewalk numerous times with no luck and I am out of ideas.

-I have set Cakewalk to rescan existing plugins

-I have tired all combinations of the above

Does anyone know why the plugin isn't showing in the list?  It used to work perfectly.

8 hours ago, Scott Thorpe said:

-I have reset and rescanned my VST plugins within Cakewalk numerous times with no luck and I am out of ideas.

-I have set Cakewalk to rescan existing plugins

-I have tired all combinations of the above

One reset should be enough, if the plug-in is in the scan path

Since the plug-in is not appearing in the plug-in list "Rescan Failed Plug-ins" is the option to choose assuming the plug-in shows up in the Excluded List in the plug-in manager.

There is no need to enable Rescan options when running a Reset. The reset scans every dll and vst3 in the scan path except for the dlls in the dedicated vst3 paths.

One thing not mentioned in the OP was if a scan log was created. Enabling "Generate Scan Log" when running a Reset or Rescan can be helpful.

I have a few paths entered into Cakewalk where plugins reside, however I have not been able to verify that ARC is correctly installing into one of them.  This is despite it appearing to do so when I install it, as it does ask me where to install and I do select one of the paths.

I will generate a log and see if it provides any insight.

Thanks!