Bandlab Assistant Login Button Broken

Mark Steffl

Question

Strange problem, when I download/open bandlab assistant and click the login button... nothing.  The button highlights with my cursor on it but takes no action when clicked.  I've uninstalled and reinstalled multiple times with the same result. Is there an obvious reason this is happening? Any possible way to bypass the menu?  I'm running windows 8.1 64 bit.  This doesn't seem to be a common thing so any help is appreciated, very frustrating issue.

5 hours ago, CraigColby said:

My login button don't work, and I don't have any other firewall except the windows one, and I am using ExpressVPN, and Firefox browser with the DuckDuckGo extension

Maybe try temporarily disabling ExpressVPN

On a properly configured Windows 10 machine with zero issues, Bandlab Assistant should work properly.

On 2/1/2021 at 11:53 AM, Promidi said:

Maybe try temporarily disabling ExpressVPN

On a properly configured Windows 10 machine with zero issues, Bandlab Assistant should work properly.

After updating via the link in your first reply, making sure Windows Firewall gave full internet access to Bandlab Assistant and Cakewalk, logging into Bandlab manually via Firefox to see if that might help, and still getting nowhere, this authoritative and false statement led me to uninstall and look for something better.  But the uninstall process may help others.  When uninstalling Bandlab Assistant both 6.0.0 and 6.4.1 appeared in Add or Remove Programs.  Attempting to remove 6.0.0 removed 6.4.1, leaving a phantom 6.0.0.  Attempting to remove this phantom results in an error message that Windows can't find the uninstall exe.  But 6.0.0 is still using 211MB on the drive somewhere.  Anyway, good luck actually fixing this problem for others.

I have this same issue, uninstall & restart three times, I have a bandlab account, bandlab assistant green login button does nothing, run as administrator green button nothing. Too many people having this problem and no fix/solution. Very frustrating.

Running a stable W10x64 19041.804 with no other issues.

There has to be something on your system causing this.

I have not read the entire thread (TL;DR) so forgive me if this has already been suggested.

Have you temporarily disabled all antivirus programs (including Windows Defender)

Maybe try uninstalling Google Chrome (if present) and installing Firefox (Backup your Chrome profile before doing this of course)

I have never had this issue with any version of Bandlab Assistant (since its initial release in 2018 up to version 6.4.2).  This is on a PC configured as per my signature.

Three months after this became a known issue.... Log in button still doesn't work. I have no firewall active, disabled all security, ran windows updates.... Nothing.

Software that works doesn't have a problem this stupid,

Edited by johnjschiller

13 minutes ago, johnjschiller said:

Three months after this became a known issue.... Log in button still doesn't work. I have no firewall active, disabled all security, ran windows updates.... Nothing.

Software that works doesn't have a problem this stupid,

What did cakewalk support say when you contacted them?

Checked back in a few days ago, updated to most recent version of band lab assistant. The button works now, it opens a webpage that allowed me to log in and download cakewalk. They must have done something in the recent update to fix the issue, at least on my system.

On 3/21/2021 at 3:08 PM, Promidi said:

What did cakewalk support say when you contacted them?

A thing I don't understand: official support for Cakewalk by BandLab is only an email message away yet no one in this thread has related any instructions or solutions suggested by official support.

This is a peer forum, this is not the way to get official support. Mostly the advice is going to be from veteran users who won't be experiencing such fundamental issues as complete failure to install. So it can only be educated guesses. We're able to help with just about any problem someone might be having figuring out how to use the software, but the chances that we've faced brick wall failure to install are low.

Support technicians have access to a database of issues and solutions. The choice is to keep groping for a guessed-at solution here or to get in touch with them.

• Like 1

On 4/23/2021 at 3:31 AM, Mark Steffl said:

Checked back in a few days ago, updated to most recent version of band lab assistant. The button works now, it opens a webpage that allowed me to log in and download cakewalk. They must have done something in the recent update to fix the issue, at least on my system.

I still have the problem

(SOLVED LOG IN BUTTON ISSUE)

(CAKEWALK ACTIVATED) 

Been having the same issue for a week the solution was so simple i feel the R word we cant use anymore lol.. anyway i updated all drivers on my computer after downloading cakewalk manually from the website and going through the set ups and installations again for it and BandLab Assistant. However I closed the assistant when it openes then checked my process in the task bar (the one you get when you press ctrl+alt+delete and select task menu theres a tab that says process click that)

check to make sure nothing by BandLab is running. Then i closed the task bar and restarted my computer. Rechecked to make sure both my firewalls and nothing BandLab related was running and then i opened cakewalk and did the first opening app type set ups then as you can see there will be a notification on the bottom left saying cannot save or export without activation.. so what you do is: in cakewalk click the help tab then click refresh activation then a notification will pop up where the last one did saying your all good try to export something to make sure it worked you will be stopped if it didnt work.. if it didnt make sure your fully logged into BandLab in your default browser and leave it open then try to refresh activation again and you should be golden my dude💯( ALSO FALLOW ME ON TIKTOK @dysfunctioning_fine )🤌🏻

Edited by Joshua Bourget