Bandlab Assistant Login Button Broken

Mark Steffl

Question

Strange problem, when I download/open bandlab assistant and click the login button... nothing.  The button highlights with my cursor on it but takes no action when clicked.  I've uninstalled and reinstalled multiple times with the same result. Is there an obvious reason this is happening? Any possible way to bypass the menu?  I'm running windows 8.1 64 bit.  This doesn't seem to be a common thing so any help is appreciated, very frustrating issue.

The latest version of Bandlab Assistant is 6.4.  Is this the version you're using?  This can be downloaded from here:

https://www.bandlab.com/download/assistant/windows

As a test, I opened up the Bandlab Assistant on my PC, logged off.  When I logged back on, I was presented with a Firefox browser session asking me to log on from there.  I did.  Then it said I could close the Firefox window to return to Bandlab Assistant.  That quick process logged me back in Bandlab Assistant.

My PC details are in my signature.

I have the most recent version.  Bandlab Assistant only gives me the option to login or sign up.  The login button takes no action when clicked, no error messages or anything, and the sign up option opens a link to www.bandlab.com where I can login to my account, but nothing happens in the assistant. I'm stuck until I can figure out why the login button is broken.  I don't know if there's a way to manually run whatever action the button is supposed to take when clicked or something... 

assistant.jpg

I have tried running it as administrator multiple times and my only antivirus is windows defender, which says it hasn't blocked anything. I will still try turning it off briefly. Thanks for trying to help!

Edit: Still doesn't work

Edited by Bradley

34 minutes ago, Bradley said:

Yup. The sign up button successfully redirects me to a browser to create an account. I already have an account though so it just brings me to the BandLab 

Bandlab has a strict browser download usage. 

Try to update chrome and edge. 

8 hours ago, Bradley said:

Yup. The sign up button successfully redirects me to a browser to create an account. I already have an account though so it just brings me to the BandLab dashboard.

Similar experience yesterday:  I tested the issue by logging out and using the sign in button.  Hovering turned the button a darker shade of green. Clicking opened my web browser where I could have logged in or signed up. Had to look up and type in my ID and Pwd. Once entered, I was taken to my account.

I tried several times but the app itself did not log me in--only called up the website login.

Edited by User 905133

ISSUE SOLVED!

In my case the problem - the login button didn't work (only "sign in" button worked) - was caused by the firewall "TinyWall".

By disabling it, BandLab Assistant works perfectly! So I was able to download and install Cakewalk!

I hope this can help.

Ste

2 hours ago, Stefano said:

In my case the problem - the login button didn't work (only "sign in" button worked) - was caused by the firewall "TinyWall".

By disabling it, BandLab Assistant works perfectly! So I was able to download and install Cakewalk!

You might want to consider completely uninstalling "TinyWall" altogether.    The built in Windows firewall is more than adequate for the task these days.