Sign in to follow this  
Wibbles

"World's unluckiest burglars"

'World's unluckiest burglars' arrested after calling police by accident

As pocket dials go, it was a fairly costly one: two suspected burglars have been arrested after accidentally calling the police on themselves, officers have said.

Staffordshire police confirmed they arrested a 49-year-old and a 42-year-old after receiving a call from one of them, who appeared to have unwittingly sat on his phone.

Officers said they listened in to the call as the men carried out the burglary and could even hear their colleagues arrive to make the arrests.

“I think we have just arrested the world’s unluckiest burglars,” said Ch Insp John Owen.

Police said they arrested the two men in the Middleport area of Stoke-on-Trent on suspicion of burglary after receiving the “suspicious call” on Wednesday evening. They were still in custody on Thursday morning.

Poking fun at the unlucky pair, Owen included an image of Marv, the hapless burglar from the Home Alone film series, in a Twitter post on Wednesday evening.

“Whilst committing a burglary one of the bungling burglars has accidentally sat on his phone and dialled 999. We receive a call detailing all of their antics up to the point of hearing our patrols arrive to arrest them,” he wrote.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

"Karma who?"

"Karma to the station with us lads"

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

20 minutes ago, Bapu said:

"Karma to the station with us lads"

At 49 and 42 they are not lads!  Send in the Daleks and  exterminate!  Exterminate!

53 minutes ago, InstrEd said:

At 49 and 42 they are not lads!

A "lad" can be any age. As can a boy.

14 minutes ago, Wibbles said:

A "lad" can be any age. As can a boy.

Witness "the bapu" for confirmation of said logic.

• Haha 2

Posted (edited)

I believe when asked why the did it, they replied with "An older lad made us do it!"

Edited by craigb
  • Haha 2

I Am so sorry. I now know the errors about posting about Lads.  I shall sit in the corner and play my tin whistle for a while :D

Recently a guy here reported to the police that his home had been burglarized, and among the stolen items he listed four kilos of weed. He got in trouble. 🤦‍♂️

6 hours ago, JoseC said:

Recently a guy here reported to the police that his home had been burglarized, and among the stolen items he listed four kilos of weed. He got in trouble. 🤦‍♂️

Arrgh-facepalm-gorilla.jpg

(Actually, if that happened around here, it would be taken seriously!)

8 hours ago, JoseC said:

Recently a guy here reported to the police that his home had been burglarized, and among the stolen items he listed four kilos of weed. He got in trouble. 

Rightly so.......about time that US crimes against grammar were taken more seriously.😄

• Great Idea 1
  • Haha 2

A guy puts a comma after the wrong word and Paulo's all over him like a big dog!  😁

(Yes, I did notice that he missed the second comma as well. 😜)

Edited by craigb

14 minutes ago, craigb said:

A guy puts a comma after the wrong word and Paulo's all over him like a big dog!  😁

I dogized him.

Aw, I left it open for you to point out the third missing comma and the potential use of a semicolon instead of a full-stop too!

(Maybe you were just being nice? 🤔)

😜

12 hours ago, craigb said:

Aw, I left it open for you to point out the third missing comma and the potential use of a semicolon instead of a full-stop too!

(Maybe you were just being nice? 🤔)

😜

The sheep gets it.

5 hours ago, paulo said:

The sheep gets it.

From the Welsh?