83% off: AcousticSamples 4-in-1 Guitar Bundle!

Audio Plugin Deals

8 minutes ago, Soundwise said:

Yes! And the crash happens immediately. No debugging  message is shown. The plugin is simply blacklisted.

If <=2.6.15 works and >2.6.15 doesn't it means something is not right with latter releases. I mean, the 2.6.16 wasn't a huge rewrite of the code, yet they couldn't spot the bug. Maybe less maniacal approach could be more productive. But if it works for them, let it work. Didn't mean to hijack this thread. We need to stop discussing this subject.

pretty sure it's a copy protection thing or some  , the cloud thing made some changes in the way it check security , is you Windows up to date , i had the exact same issues with last Kush and mc dsp and it was system related (plugin get blak listed at scan)

• Thanks 1

9 hours ago, Zo said:

pretty sure it's a copy protection thing or some  , the cloud thing made some changes in the way it check security , is you Windows up to date , i had the exact same issues with last Kush and mc dsp and it was system related (plugin get blak listed at scan) 

I hope you'll be able to relay this idea to the UVI developers so they can fix their software. Until then I'll just skip everything UVI related.

Have you tried more recent builds of UVI Workstation?  A while ago they had a release that would crash instantly on my Gulftown Intel CPU.  They had compiled UVI workstation to use processor extensions that required a Sandy Bridge or newer CPU.   I sent them details on the problem and explained what they broke and why that was bad.  They sent me a new build a day later and shipped it to everyone later that week.  And while they don't list Windows 7, it does still work.

I doubt it's the problem your having, but they have been reasonably willing to fix things if you can help them narrow down the problem.

10 hours ago, Soundwise said:

I hope you'll be able to relay this idea to the UVI developers so they can fix their software. Until then I'll just skip everything UVI related.

The problem is not to fix their software , each time when i isolated a bug they killed it in dayz or even hour (back then for motu bpm) ... the problem is just to spot the issue and reproduce it , that why they asked for remote ....

5 hours ago, Matthew Sorrels said:

Have you tried more recent builds of UVI Workstation? 

I test new versions once in a while. It's been some time since I last checked their workstation.

5 hours ago, Matthew Sorrels said:

A while ago they had a release that would crash instantly on my Gulftown Intel CPU.  They had compiled UVI workstation to use processor extensions that required a Sandy Bridge or newer CPU.   I sent them details on the problem and explained what they broke and why that was bad.  They sent me a new build a day later and shipped it to everyone later that week.  And while they don't list Windows 7, it does still work. 

This sounds promising. I'll give it another try.  Thanks!

Did anybody get this bundle? Since musiclab stole my Realguitar/Realstrat licences I've been on the lookout for reasonably priced replacements and it I'm thinking that this could be them, but as there is no demo can anybody say how they compare?

If anybody decides to go for this be warned that the d/l process is a PITA. Keeps crashing and then throwing me out of my log-in after each one finally completes and then when I try to log in again it tells me that the account doesn't exist the first two times I try to sign back in but accepts it the third time and then I get to start over again. Not feeling the love right now.........