83% off: AcousticSamples 4-in-1 Guitar Bundle!

Audio Plugin Deals

For just $99.99 (instead of $576), get the AcousticSamples 4-in-1 Guitar Bundle comprising of GD-6 Acoustic Guitar, Strategy, Sunbird and Telematic V3!

Acousticsamples creates virtual instruments focused on the perfect recreation of acoustic and electric instrument such as guitars, pianos, organs and more.

Originally $576, the whole bundle is now available for just $99.99 for a limited time only (you save a whopping $476). You can also buy just what you need except Telematic V3 which is an added bonus that comes when you buy the whole bundle. Scroll down to read more! This is an amazing no-brainer offer you should not miss!

Deal Page: https://audioplugin.deals

Deal Ends: April 3rd

Youtube Videos

SoundCloud Demos

hi,

Forgive me, I know nothing about UVI Workstation. Is this something that you need in addition to all your guitar stuff, similar to Kontact? Or is your Guitar Bundle stand alone? How does it work?

I am reasonably impressed with your YouTube examples but I have A|A|S Strum, which is a similar tool but based on physical modelling rather than samples. I have struggled to get any decent results from Strum and I am wondering, is it me, or the "engine."

Is it possible to download a demo of this bundle in order to try it out?

cheers

andy

1 hour ago, synkrotron said:

I know nothing about UVI Workstation.

I once was very optimistic about the UVI Workstation. However I'm stuck with a version which is already two years since the release. All later versions do not work on my PC (i7 Kaby Lake based). I had contacted their support quite a few times but they couldn't help, nor were they willing to fix the bug that caused the crash. So I prefer not to invest in UVI products. YMMV.

Another question re UVI .........AS product blurb states that it requires UVI v3  and and works in "wIndows 7 or later" however UVI specs for version 3 states windows 8/10 only, so which is it?

As has been mentioned above, I do vaguely recall having insttalled UVI a while back and it being problematic, but I can't recall what the problem was.I tried to d/l UVI v3 to try it again but the d/l is reaaallllllyyyy slllooooooooowwww at the moment - I gave up when it said 8hrs remaining.😑

Edited by paulo

49 minutes ago, Soundwise said:

I once was very optimistic about the UVI Workstation. However I'm stuck with a version which is already two years since the release. All later versions do not work on my PC (i7 Kaby Lake based). I had contacted their support quite a few times but they couldn't help, nor were they willing to fix the bug that caused the crash. So I prefer not to invest in UVI products. YMMV.

I've just installed UVI Workstation 3, having been using 2.8.x for a while.

2.8.3 was installed to C:\Program Files\Steinberg\Vstplugins, whereas I installed v3 to C:\Program Files\Vstplugins.

According to Cakewalk's plugin manager, UVIWorkstation is pointing to the new version, however when I loaded up the plugin it was still loading v2.8.x

It maybe that it's picking up the older version because the plugin ID is the same, and C:\Program Files\Steinberg\Vstplugins is higher in my plugin directory list than C:\Program Files\Vstplugins.

Anyhow, renaming the 2.8.x version to UVIWorkstationVSTx64.dll.old and doing a VST scan solved it for me.

2 minutes ago, Soundwise said:

I can't use anything higher than 2.6.15, because they all crash right after launch.

Did you try running the stand-alone version? You may get an error message rather than a crash if it's not being hosted by a DAW.

In the last year or two, someone had a very similar sale (VSTbuzz?) with three of these guitars for $99.   I bought them, fooled with them a bit, and have hardly touched them since.   

I use Ample guitars all the time (and I also like AAS Strum GS-2), but I just found these guitars to be awkward to use.  Sound is nice, but if you have some good guitars already, these may not be anything to get excited about.  Like someone mentioned, a demo is sorely needed to see if these fit your workflow.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

32 minutes ago, Michael A.D. said:

In the last year or two, someone had a very similar sale (VSTbuzz?) with three of these guitars for $99.   I bought them, fooled with them a bit, and have hardly touched them since.   

I use Ample guitars all the time (and I also like AAS Strum GS-2), but I just found these guitars to be awkward to use.  Sound is nice, but if you have some good guitars already, these may not be anything to get excited about.  Like someone mentioned, a demo is sorely needed to see if these fit your workflow.

Sadly, I agree with this.  People raved about Sunbird as the best guitar for finger-picking, so I bought one of the bundles. The interface allows you to do a zillion things. The only thing you can't do with it is to play it simply, like you can with AAS Strum GS-2 in five minutes.   Amplesound and Orange Tree Samples guitars sound a lot better, and if you want fingerpicking, Realitone's Fingerpick is the best.   The less said about Telematic the better, but the fact that they don't even sell it anymore tells you a lot. 

In terms of UVI Workstation, nothing plays on it that isn't registered with iLok. You don't need a dongle, you can do it on your computer.  I've never had a problem with it and it has a lot of great features that Kontakt doesn't have, like a powerful arpeggiator which modulates velocity, pitch and any MIDI CC. It  has tons of effects, and you can quickly create great multis with it.  In the last free update, they added the feature everybody wants from Kontakt, but haven't gotten so far: a resizeable UI.

The biggest difference is that you can play any UVI or third party instrument on the free player, unlike Kontakt, where you need to buy full kontakt to get access to most of them.  And if you ever want to spring for its big brother Falcon, you get a ton more features, which increases the value of all the UVI instruments you own. 

Anybody who is having a problem with the new version of UVI Workstation should write their customer service. They are really nice and I'm sure they would send you an older version.  They want people to be using their instruments.  

But I think it's great that UVI adds new features to the free workstation now and then. I'm sure they will continue doing that.  

• Thanks 1

9 hours ago, paulo said:

Another question re UVI .........AS product blurb states that it requires UVI v3  and and works in "wIndows 7 or later" however UVI specs for version 3 states windows 8/10 only, so which is it?

To answer my own question (in case anyone else is wondering about it) following a very lengthy d/l (wtf?) I can confirm that UVI v.3 does in fact work in win7 as standalone and I also experienced no problems with it as a vst within Platinum - can't say for the bandlab version because I don't have that installed.

10 hours ago, Soundwise said:

I can't use anything higher than 2.6.15, because they all crash right after launch.

A typical uvi crash is autorisation , each time you load some , it scan for the entire titles , so

1) be sure that integrety is ok (cheked via the center

2) Be sure to have last ilok installed

3) try clean uninsatll and reinstall ..

Those are the first steps i would do , i'm just making the upadtes as a type , uvi is working fine as well as falcon , i'm dissapointed by the ui scalling since the images are low resolution then , the letters and scripts are ok but the picetures ect aren't hig rsolution....

10 hours ago, msmcleod said:

Did you try running the stand-alone version? You may get an error message rather than a crash if it's not being hosted by a DAW.

17 minutes ago, Zo said:

1) be sure that integrety is ok (cheked via the center

2) Be sure to have last ilok installed

3) try clean uninsatll and reinstall ..

Thanks for your tips, guys. I've gone through all these steps and then some. Submitted support tickets to UVI. They suggested some silly trouble shooting steps to try, and kept on asking same  questions. Their best idea was to use  a remote connection to my PC, which I'll never allow to anyone, no matter what. Nice people, but not very qualified at what they do. I suspect, the core code is outsourced, while the support crew has a very vague idea of how their product works. I can be wrong, of course! But if the product doesn't work as expected and the support is useless, I'd rather stay away from it.

Hope you'll have lots of fun with UVI based products.

32 minutes ago, Soundwise said:

Thanks for your tips, guys. I've gone through all these steps and then some. Submitted support tickets to UVI. They suggested some silly trouble shooting steps to try, and kept on asking same  questions. Their best idea was to use  a remote connection to my PC, which I'll never allow to anyone, no matter what. Nice people, but not very qualified at what they do. I suspect, the core code is outsourced, while the support crew has a very vague idea of how their product works. I can be wrong, of course! But if the product doesn't work as expected and the support is useless, I'd rather stay away from it.

Hope you'll have lots of fun with UVI based products.

I know those guyz personnaly , the coder is a long time vet and a guy inwill petsonnaly hire if i do some , a pure maniac when it comes to coding , that said the support crew i don t know if it s the sale or not ...

for the remote on your pc , it s all good , i m super peaky bu i did it with waves and i will easily do it with them ... but to each it s approach ....

is it crashing standalone ? 

15 minutes ago, Zo said:

is it crashing standalone ? 

Yes! And the crash happens immediately. No debugging  message is shown. The plugin is simply blacklisted.

23 minutes ago, Zo said:

I know those guyz personnaly , the coder is a long time vet and a guy inwill petsonnaly hire if i do some , a pure maniac when it comes to coding

If <=2.6.15 works and >2.6.15 doesn't it means something is not right with latter releases. I mean, the 2.6.16 wasn't a huge rewrite of the code, yet they couldn't spot the bug. Maybe less maniacal approach could be more productive. But if it works for them, let it work. Didn't mean to hijack this thread. We need to stop discussing this subject.