Splitting Midi Drums into individual audio tracks

Rick Stockhaus

2 minutes ago, John Vere said:

By the way, I just downloaded and installed the MT drums and fired it up. I don't think the Nag screen is a problem at all. And all they want is a donation so even though I don't need another drum kit I might just do that because it is actually not bad at all. What I really like is totally on topic for this thread- Dead simple to assign each kit piece to an output. Just like Session Drummer.  I tried multi outputs with AD2 last night and could not find the toggles. Possibly it just goes to all 16 outs. I prefer to only use 4 to 6 just like I'm used to with analog drum mixes. 

Dead simple to use, right? Even though I have AD2 and EZDrummer, I think I will keep MT around for quick mixes.

• Like 1

I often use SI Drums for demos because I can share them and everyone who has CbB will have SI drums. But having an easy to use free ( almost) software is another way to up the quality of what people on a budget can do. Example is Ample P Bass lite. The best sounding emulation of a P Bass I've ever used. Another one on my list to pay for when I have the cash just to get that low D. 

27 minutes ago, John Vere said:

I often use SI Drums for demos because I can share them and everyone who has CbB will have SI drums. But having an easy to use free ( almost) software is another way to up the quality of what people on a budget can do. Example is Ample P Bass lite. The best sounding emulation of a P Bass I've ever used. Another one on my list to pay for when I have the cash just to get that low D. 

Off-topic, but just a quick +1 for the free Ample P Bass lite. It sounds a lot like my actual Fender P-Bass! Although I never could afford a decent 5-string, I bought the Ample Metal Ray5, a sampled Stingray 5 string. It only had picked samples when first released, but Ample recently provided a fingered sample set to users for free! Good company! Nice basses!

• Like 1

16 hours ago, abacab said:

That's a method that has been used for years by software developers to encourage donations. I prefer a nag at startup to ads any day. If you like the software, why not pay up?

Certainly am not complaining. Was just passing along information which may prevent the OP from downloading it, setting it up, then wondering why it doesn't work tomorrow. 

Pre-emptive service call if you will 📞

Having said that, you are correct in that a donation should be made. Will do so this weekend. 

Also will pop on your site, and tip both you and Heinz for your controller software, and Heinz's Novation 61 keyboard setup which has been working flawlessly for me. Thanks! 

Grant 

Sorry, thought was replying to azslow. 

Edited by oneofmany
  • Like 1

• 3 weeks later...