Tuncury Theme Updated for CbB 2021.12

scook

I updated my original SONAR Platinum theme called Tuncury (a blue highlight Tungsten w/ Mercury style buttons) to CbB.

KJ8QEe4tCHeta06frrUDRubKT2izxKDYXRleYQ2Q

It was a pretty quick pass through the theme and there may be some things I missed or did not get the shade just right. If so, let me know. The theme may be found on my google page along with Tuncury Light Green (the theme I use).  Also planning to update Mercury Light Green soon.

I will try to keep it current but since it is not my everyday theme there are no guarantees.

edit: updated for 2020.04

edit: updated for 2021.01

edit: updated for 2021.04

edit: updated for 2021.04 Update 1

edit: updated for 2021.12

• Like 6
  • Thanks 7

The file format is the same. Themes of any age will load into any DAW supporting themes but the results may not be 100%.

New colors and images are not the problem. When new items are added to themes older versions of CbB and SONAR ignore them.

However, sometimes items are removed or names changed in  the resource files. When this happens themes made against the new resource files will not contain any changes to the now missing items. Loading these themes in old DAWs using the old resource files will cause the themes to look incomplete. Dark themes tend to do worse because of the way themes work.

Of course, anyone can change a theme to suit themselves. Fixing a theme for a particular release is doable. It just takes the will to deal with the theme editor and possibly an image editor.

• 6 months later...

Hi, I would like to know how I can install the Tungsten Platinum or Tuncury Themes.  I have the older Sonar Home and newer Cakewalk by Bandlab but only have Mercury available in Cakewalk.  Tungsten is ok in the Sonar Home.  Problem is... I have searched and searched and there no folder Cakewalk Content with shared themes.  I have spent hours trying to find the folder where Mercury is hiding!   Can anyone please tell me how I can add Tungsten Theme?  Thanks so much.  

Edited by paulsmith435
put my email in by mistake

Tungsten is not a user theme. It is the only manufacturer supplied theme file and it is installed in the program folder. It is possible to create a user theme out of Tungsten by either opening it in the theme editor and saving it as a user theme or copying it from the program folder into "Cakewalk Content\Cakewalk Themes" and changing its extension to .sth,

Mercury is not a user theme or a factory theme. It is the name given to the basic UI created by the program when it reads its resource files.

BTW, this is a public forum consider removing the email address in your posts.

Hello Scook,

Thank you for your reply.  It seems my problem is worse than I thought.  There is no folder "Cakewalk Content\Cakewalk Themes".  So I did what you suggested and when I clicked on Uninstall in All Control Panel Items, it came up with an error and has since disappeared from the list.  So I went into CC Cleaner and it was there so I clicked on Uninstall.  And once again, it disappeared.  I can't uninstall it with either program!  What method would you suggest to uninstall it now?  My worry is that if I (for instance) delete the folders, I will destroy my copy of Sonar Home Edition and perhaps inserts or plugins that came with one or the other.

So Cakewalk is obviously corrupted.

The only uninstall I suggested was in this post

Certainly did not recommend running multiple uninstalls and CC Cleaner.

Uninstalling CbB may affect SHS because all Cakewalk DAWs use the same shared folders.

If BandLab Assistant no longer works, the first thing to do is get it installed again.

If after re-installing BA, it still thinks Cakewalk is installed run the CbB uninstall option from with BA. I posted an image in the link to this option.

If BA does not think Cakewalk is installed, re-install Cakewalk.

You may want to temporarily disable your virus scanner when installing BA and CbB.

Hi again Scook,

Cakewalk is not uninstalled.  Both Home and Bandlab version are still working.  

So I installed BandLab Assistant OK.  Then tried to uninstall as you suggested and the Uninstaller File is missing.

Not sure what to do now.  It's too bad that BandLab does not seem to allow a new download of Cakewalk or a Repair Function.  If I could reinstall it, perhaps the problem would be gone.

Please see pic of what I see when I follow your instructions to uninstall.

Incidentally, thanks for your advice re: deleting my email address in a previous post.  I've done that.

Thanks,

Paul

Cakewalk Uninstall Error.JPG

I believe BA is reading HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Cakewalk Music Software\Cakewalk\Installers\DC294903-7970-42DB-B049-04FA5E7C6332 from the registry to determine the status of CbB. Once this is removed the CbB button in BA should no longer read Open. May want to verify this is the correct key by reviewing the data in the record.

This part of the registry is removed as part of the CbB clean re-install process which is documented here

Hello Scook,

I followed all the instructions (even though this all freaked me out) and was able to re-install Cakewalk by Bandlab successfully.  There was a small glitch, but stupid me, I didn't make a note of what it was but was able to continue through the install.  I now have a beautiful UI - Tungsten Dark Theme and the choice is there if I do want to switch back to Mercury.  I probably won't because it was too hard on my eyes.

One weird thing... I've always had a problem with the Waves plug-ins coming up with errors on the VST Scan but now everything scanned perfectly - first time in maybe 6 months!

I want to thank you and the other members on this site for taking the time to help.

I hope I never have to do all of this again - I absolutely hate going into the directory and deleting stuff!

Bye for now,

Paul

Glad you got it working.

37 minutes ago, paulsmith435 said:

There was a small glitch, but stupid me, I didn't make a note of what it was but was able to continue through the install...

I hope I never have to do all of this again - I absolutely hate going into the directory and deleting stuff!

If the glitch turns out to be something important, re-installs get easier with practice.

EDIT: ah..I see my question is not theme related (or not directly) but Track Colour related....

HI. I have posted a question about how to do one thing....change the colour of Note Events in the PRV. I have tried a few themes, some (all?) of them composed by you, I believe. I really like a couple, but my first problem is that the Note Events kn the PRV are (nearly) white on a white background. There was one that had a dark background, but if I selected some Note Events, their colour did not change to indicate that they were selected.

You asked for requests for changes, so here I am. I am not up for developing themes, but if you could just lay out how I change those colours for selected and unselected Note Events, then that would certainly start me off on Themes I prefer to the Titanium or Mercury ones.

Thanks for any help. Sorry if I am asking a daft question.

Edited by OldNick

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/26/2018 at 7:35 AM, scook said:

I updated my original SONAR Platinum theme called Tuncury (a blue highlight Tungsten w/ Mercury style buttons) to CbB ...

Bless you, sir!  Loves me some Tuncury Light Green for quite a while, now.  Good to know I can continue with it.