Orchestral Tools - Free Sine Library

JoeGBradford

Now that I think about it, yes - your right: Free Orchestra was a one-off finite set. I had read the video description

In 2021, we’ll start a subscription service. But not a regular subscription service: Sign up to SINEfactory and you’ll get a steady stream of exclusive free instruments delivered straight to your mailbox. These instruments provide a solid foundation for sketching ideas and building tracks—they’re effectively a curated factory library for SINE. Kick-off is late January!

and assumed each instalment was a patch from one of their libraries.

• Like 2

46 minutes ago, JoeGBradford said:

Isn't PS Free Orchestra a one off whilst this seems more like Labs - intermittent releases of individual instruments?

It is now. It started off much like Labs (early Labs were Kontakt) or the Klang series., with new instruments added periodically They consolidated into one bank recently (like a year or so ago).

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Bruno de Souza Lino said:

They did a sort of free string library before Spitfire did their BBC Discovery product. Let's hope that it is more stable. I remember being unable to use the string library, as the plugin would crash and take the DAW with it second after being opened.

agreed - I found it very buggy ...haven't bothered to revisit it either.