10% off Waves Subscriptions

cclarry

WAVES MUSIC MAKER ACCESS 

PLUGIN SUBSCRIPTIONS 

Subscribe to the world’s most popular plugins: 10% off all monthly or annual plans, valid as long as your subscription stays current. 

✓ First month FREE 

✓ Plans start at $6.29/month 

✓ Cancel anytime 

✓ Free lifetime updates 

Limited time 10% off 

Use code LIFE10 

https://www.waves.com/subscriptions

On 1/8/2021 at 4:15 AM, Bruno de Souza Lino said:

I will consider it when they give all the plugins, like Slate Digital does. That small selection is not enough to do it, especially considering there are free plugins that are better than Waves ones these days, on top of not adding extra latency you didn't request.

Are they both rent to own?

8 hours ago, Lionel said:

Are they both rent to own?

No. The difference is that Slate only has a single offering with three payment options: 24.99 you pay every month with no commitment, 14.99 per month on a 1 year plan with the first 6 months for 9.99 and 149.99 yearly. All plans give you access to all the Slate plugins without restrictions, loops, sample packs, workshops and courses and so on. The Waves stuff gives you different stuff on every plan and the most expensive one doesn't even give you access to all of their plugins, making it not worth it. Not only that, their annual top plan is 50 bucks more expensive than the Slate one. Even SSL has a better subscription plan, with all their plugins for 14.99/mo or just the channel strip and bus compressor for 4.99/mo. On all cases, you can buy the plugins as well.

Edited by Bruno de Souza Lino

On 1/7/2021 at 5:43 AM, cclarry said:

WAVES MUSIC MAKER ACCESS 

PLUGIN SUBSCRIPTIONS 

Subscribe to the world’s most popular plugins: 10% off all monthly or annual plans, valid as long as your subscription stays current. 

✓ First month FREE 

✓ Plans start at $6.29/month 

✓ Cancel anytime 

✓ Free lifetime updates 

Limited time 10% off 

Use code LIFE10 

https://www.waves.com/subscriptions

That's ridiculous that none of their plans include ALL of their plug-ins! At least do it like PreSonus Sphere, which covers everything in the house!

I own 30 Waves plug-ins, and not a single subscription covers all 30 of them... SMH.

But that's just as well, because I never plan to join any software-as-a-service subscription plans anyway... 🤣

I have a fair number of Waves Plugins which all work fine right now. I liked the WUP when you could get a real discount on it. 

So far this is my "deal" and what I pay if i want to stay current on my plan which if you notice only takes me to Nov 2022.

Seems a lot for plugins I already bought to be updated.

waves update.JPG

scared-monkey.jpg

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Starise said:

I have a fair number of Waves Plugins which all work fine right now. I liked the WUP when you could get a real discount on it. 

So far this is my "deal" and what I pay if i want to stay current on my plan which if you notice only takes me to Nov 2022.

Seems a lot for plugins I already bought to be updated.

waves update.JPG

scared-monkey.jpg

WUP seems far more consistent nowadays than it used to.

The confusion comes though, when you've got plugins all expiring at different dates.

The trick is to wait until all of your plugins are out of WUP (or pretty close to it) and then buy it - then it'll be capped at $240.  If you really need to WUP in order to upgrade, only WUP the ones that are out of date.

If like me, you've got more than one license for the same plugin (cos they're on different machines), then only WUP one machine's plugins at a time.  That way you keep the $240 cap for each machine. If you try to do them all at once, it'll charge you more.

However, assuming you've only got one license per product, I think the WUP price is based on a pro-rata basis.  So say you bought a new plugin today, then immediately went to WUP - that would add a year to your new plugin ( so current WUP date is Jan 2022 + 1 year = Jan 2023 ).  It then works out pro rata what the extra WUP cost would be to take all of your plugins to Jan 2023.  AFAIK once you've invalidated the cap, it'll start charging full WUP price.