Fatal Error When Closing Projects

Elson

I have the latest version (2020.11 build 099) and I've been having this Fatal Error whenever I close projects (See attached). I've been noticing this since Build 098 and updated it to 099 but never noticed any difference. 

It's more of an annoyance since fortunately I'm able to save the project file before closing it so there's nothing lost, but it's better to not have an error that an error, right?

Screenshot 2021-01-07 001103.jpg

Hi, at a rough guess this could be anything from a wonky installation to harddrive corruption to memory error, of even a bug in the program, if you only see this kind of error in cakewalk then i'd go for a wonky install or confliction with a diver, try update all drivers and windows it's self then see if this happens, if all is updated then try to look at the dump file to see if you can see for your self, if thats possible as all, and try windows event viewer see what it crashed with in their, hope you find out what it is :).

Kind Regards

CG.

8 minutes ago, CG_UK said:

Hi, at a rough guess this could be anything from a wonky installation to harddrive corruption to memory error, of even a bug in the program, if you only see this kind of error in cakewalk then i'd go for a wonky install or confliction with a diver, try update all drivers and windows it's self then see if this happens, if all is updated then try to look at the dump file to see if you can see for your self, if thats possible as all, and try windows event viewer see what it crashed with in their, hope you find out what it is :).

Kind Regards

CG.

I'm extremely militant with keeping drivers updated...

What app do I use to open the .dmp file? I used Notepad and it's a bunch of characters.

6 minutes ago, Kevin Perry said:

Is there a common plugin you use?  I've mainly seen this when a plugin has "issues" with being unloaded.  Try with a totally blank project to see if you have the same problem?

Thanks, I was wondering whether it had something to do with a plugin (Aly James Lab's V-PROM (Linn LM-1 drum machine emulation VST). I tried closing a project that didn't use that plugin and got no error. I recently ordered the latest version of that plugin so we'll see if it's addressed in the update.