Beat Magazine Tracktion RetroMod LoFreq Wired (free with mag)

Matthew Sorrels

The new issue of Beat magazine has Tracktion RetroMod LoFreq Wired included.  It's normally $79

https://www.tracktion.com/products/retromod

(It's just the LoFreq Wired synth from the collection, doesn't include the others).  It's a sampled bass synth basically.  (pun somewhat intended)

I got it from my Readly subscription (which includes both Beat German and US).  The German issue is out now, but with some Google Translate you can easily register this.   The words you need from the magazine are all company names.

To get this you have to register on the Beat serial website (need to enter a word from the magazine for that)  but all that gives you is a link to the sign up page (they email it to you).  You can download the software from the Beat website (link is in the mag and it needs another word from the magazine).  The Tracktion sign up page has a access code that is in the magazine (yes it's generic, but I'm not posting it) and it will register the synth in your account.  You can then use the download manager to get the presets that go with it (the installer they let you download has no presets/content).  I suspect you could skip getting the software from Beat and just get the whole thing from Tracktion download manager.

The installer is kind of crappy.  It always installs the VST2 plugin into c:\Program Files\Steinberg\VstPlugins   I had to move the DLL to my VST2 directory.  You auth it with your Tracktion account.

Is it worth all these hoops?  Most likely not to be honest.  But I guess it's a deal.

• Thanks 1

""The Tracktion sign up page has a access code that is in the magazine (yes it's generic, but I'm not posting it) and it will register the synth in your account.""

can you just point out how to register the synth please....?   signup page has access code is bit confusing,,,tracktion website has just redeem button as i can see...so what you mean exactly?

thx for details

1 hour ago, dee said:

""The Tracktion sign up page has a access code that is in the magazine (yes it's generic, but I'm not posting it) and it will register the synth in your account.""

can you just point out how to register the synth please....?   signup page has access code is bit confusing,,,tracktion website has just redeem button as i can see...so what you mean exactly?

thx for details

The Link when you receive the email after input page in serialcenter has (is) the code.

• Great Idea 1

8 hours ago, dee said:

thx for details

They may have changed it but when I registered the link you get just opens the page but you have to enter the activation code yourself (maybe they fixed this?).  The code is in the blurb box on Page 3 of the magazine at the end.

image.png.a1e7a08c68b817b9813340d9d004fe38.png