Problem with Ctrl-Click into piano roll

sergedaigno

On 1/7/2021 at 5:03 AM, sergedaigno said:

I tried to select more than one note with Ctrl-Click using Select Tool or even Move Tool and nothing happens. Is there something that should be done to make it work?

Thanks for any hint.

You have to Hold down Ctrl+Right Mouse drag on select led notes to select them individually. 

Edited by Will_Kaydo
Typo errors

13 minutes ago, sergedaigno said:

Yes, but unsuccessfully.

By the way the version is 2020.11 Build 099.

I'm too on that version. There was a typo in my previous reply sorry. It should be Ctrl+Right Mouse Click and Drag. 

2 hours ago, Will_Kaydo said:

I'm too on that version. There was a typo in my previous reply sorry. It should be Ctrl+Right Mouse Click and Drag. 

Doesn't work, it opens the Note Properties window. Thanks.

Thanks John for the trick, useful if, and only if, only want same values notes.

It's fine, a workaround has been found as explained in my second post.

• Confused 1

To (de)select an arbitrary collection  of notes in the PRV using the smart tool in the PRV -

hold down the CTRL key and Right-Click the notes in hotspot "C" see figure 207 and table 17 below it in http://www.cakewalk.com/Documentation?product=Cakewalk&language=3&help=Tools.04.html

Holding down the CTRL key and Right-Click drag toggles the select state of the lassoed notes.

In this video, I select 5 notes by holding down the CTRL key and Right-Clicking the notes, then I invert then revert the selection by holding down the CTRL key and lassoing the notes.

nrI769h.gif

• Thanks 1

36 minutes ago, sergedaigno said:

Doesn't work, it opens the Note Properties window. Thanks.

Then there's something wrong with your PC settings that's not picking up on these commands. What I gave you are the only way to select or deselect "Selected notes." 

• Thanks 1

It’s all about studying what Steve just posted. The smart tool is just that.  Smart.

I just easily selected random notes while holding ctrl. Then make sure the smart tool changes to the select tool and drag. Works for me. But a long time ago I read up on the smart tool and since then it’s all I use. It’s a rare occasion that I need to use a specific tool 

• Thanks 1

10 hours ago, scook said:

Holding down the CTRL key and Right-Click drag toggles the select state of the lassoed notes.

Thanks for the toggle tip. I didn't know that right-click alone allows to lasso notes into the smart tool, now the Select tool is permanently retired :)

• Like 1