Gibson acquires Mesa Boogie (not a deal)

bluzdog

Actually this might not be so bad. While Gibson has had a number of quality control problems over the years, they’ve staged a bit of a comeback in the last few, with their new management. The new Les Paul Standard 50s and 60s are very good quality instruments, as are their acoustics made in Bozeman and Custom Shop offerings. And unlike the infamous sale of Fender to CBS back in the day, Gibson is at least a music-focused company.

2 hours ago, LAGinz said:

Actually this might not be so bad. While Gibson has had a number of quality control problems over the years, they’ve staged a bit of a comeback in the last few, with their new management. The new Les Paul Standard 50s and 60s are very good quality instruments, as are their acoustics made in Bozeman and Custom Shop offerings. And unlike the infamous sale of Fender to CBS back in the day, Gibson is at least a music-focused company.

I admire your optimistic approach.

I am pretty skeptical though. Cakewalk was musical company and Gibson was musical company and we remembered what happened. 

Also acquiring by Ronald before was disaster. Ronald left Cakewalk and dedicated hardware users alone...

I still have 2 hardware pieces from those days. VStudio-20 & A300Pro. Users abandoned. No will to develop or even support for Win10  (VS ). Rather bitter experience.

And I could recall how big hopes I had those days just because it was famous music company...

• Like 1

Just picked up a Badlander 50w head.

The onboard reactive-load and CabClone IR sound excellent.

Lots of features and versatility... and not over-the-top cost wise

It's always a little sad to see a heritage company merge or get bought.

Edited by Jim Roseberry
  • Like 5

15 hours ago, Jim Roseberry said:

Just picked up a Badlander 50w head.

The onboard reactive-load and CabClone IR sound excellent.

Lots of features and versatility... and not over-the-top cost wise

It's always a little sad to see a heritage company merge or get bought.

Of course the Cab Clone IR is great. It was licensed and built by Two Notes (the guys that make the Torpedo stuff). The first Cab Clone was almost unanimously disliked for sounding like crap.

On 1/8/2021 at 6:45 AM, Bruno de Souza Lino said:

Of course the Cab Clone IR is great. It was licensed and built by Two Notes (the guys that make the Torpedo stuff). The first Cab Clone was almost unanimously disliked for sounding like crap.

The IR loading section was licensed from Two Notes.  The reactive-load is not made by Two Notes.

I have a pair of Captor-X boxes.  They're great (especially for the cost).

The reactive-load in the Badlander (to me) sounds slightly better than the one in Captor-X

The IR loading in Captor-X as far more advanced:

• Can load/mix a pair of Cab IRs in realtime
  • Can determine the length of the imported IR (which determines latency)
  • Onboard Reverb, EQ, Enhancer, Tuner (which is erratic), Gate
Edited by Jim Roseberry