Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Frank

Steinberg New Year Promotion

Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, simon said:

all that stuff is on the website:

https://www.steinberg.net/index.php?id=14790&L=1

even older stuff is on the FTP site:

ftp://ftp.steinberg.net/

considering C4 LE came out in 2006 I don't think that's too bad and I'm not sure what else they can do ?

 

The stuff that's on their website in regards to Cubase LE 4 and other older versions are just updates. I looked at those places before. I installed it just for fun. I have LE 10.5, which records less tracks than LE 4 (ironically).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, simon said:

nope - it's the full installers  AND updaters- disk images the whole lot.....

https://www.steinberg.net/en/support/unsupported_products/cubase/downloads_c4.html

That's for Cubase 4, not LE 4. They're not the same installer like you have on the new AI/LE/Elements versions. The LE installter they give you is a 1.2 GB ISO for version 4.1.2.

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
52 minutes ago, telecode 101 said:

I am a big Cubase user. The support has been okay in my case. They respond within 24 to 48 hours. I am on the forums as well. Not much advanced technical support but lots of really experienced and knowledgeable people on there who  will drop in and help. They re-did the forum so its a little weld getting used to it now. Either way, its much better and more pro than  what goes on on the NI forums. "Yo, bru's.. I just bought $1000 machince+.. what is maschine man? i see my hommiez makin' yo beatz.. peace bitchez.. where is the power on button on thas thang!!!"

 

giphy.gif

Who are any of us mere mortals to question the omnipotence of those whom bestow upon us the great teachings of "yeet" and "skrra"???

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Bruno de Souza Lino said:

That's for Cubase 4, not LE 4. They're not the same installer like you have on the new AI/LE/Elements versions. The LE installter they give you is a 1.2 GB ISO for version 4.1.2.

I have Cubase LE and I think it's only on the CD ROM that it came in. If you want, i could burn the img. you need your own serial # though

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, telecode 101 said:

I have Cubase LE and I think it's only on the CD ROM that it came in. If you want, i could burn the img. you need your own serial # though

Thanks for the offer, but I was PMed a link to the iso by a Steinberg forum mod already.

1 hour ago, Royal Yaksman said:

Who are any of us mere mortals to question the omnipotence of those whom bestow upon us the great teachings of "yeet" and "skrra"???

If I'm not mistaken, there are no NI forums anymore. I presume because NI is tired of dealing with criticism after the limitations they imposed on certain products, discontinuing popular products like B4, Kore and so on.

Edited by Bruno de Souza Lino

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Bruno de Souza Lino said:

If I'm not mistaken, there are no NI forums anymore. I presume because NI is tired of dealing with criticism after the limitations they imposed on certain products, discontinuing popular products like B4, Kore and so on.

Despite using NI for yonks, I don't think I've ever bothered to even check if they had a forum? It would appear I was not missing anything . NI completely dropping products is odd. Considering they are purveyors of quantity over quality and all. But knowing people like the sounds of those dropped items, they could at least stick the sounds in the Kontakt factory library.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Royal Yaksman said:

Despite using NI for yonks, I don't think I've ever bothered to even check if they had a forum? It would appear I was not missing anything . NI completely dropping products is odd. Considering they are purveyors of quantity over quality and all. But knowing people like the sounds of those dropped items, they could at least stick the sounds in the Kontakt factory library.

But that was the problem with B4 specifically. People that wanted a Hammond emulation only. And what NI did? They made it a Kontakt library. So, not only people who owned B4 were left in the dust, now their organ emulation would cost them 400 extra.

I do have some Kontakt stuff myself, but it's such a pain that I'm only using NI if I'm given Komplete or something like that.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I caved in and picked up a GA expansion.  I didn't get Zilhouette Strings. The demos I hear didn't really ***** away and you can't demo it yourself -- so I passed on it. Getting into GA. It seems more powerful than what I have been using.

Edited by telecode 101

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in



Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...