Steinberg New Year Promotion

Frank

I just can't get any of their stuff to show up on my account.

I've got a Steinberg account, When I try to get the free instruments, it says 'check your email for link' but the email never comes. I've tried using two different emails. Nothing gets through.

Huh!

6 minutes ago, 53mph said:

I just can't get any of their stuff to show up on my account.

I've got a Steinberg account, When I try to get the free instruments, it says 'check your email for link' but the email never comes. I've tried using two different emails. Nothing gets through.

Huh!

I had the same issue, and raised a support ticket.  They had me serial # shortly thereafter.

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, telecode 101 said:

damn. everyone wants my money. U-he want my money. Now Steinberg want my money. I always had my eye on that Zilhouette Strings. Sound  much better than anything I have in Komplete.

I think Zilhouette Strings was a Kontakt instrument before it was a Steinberg one. Anyway, they are both available, although only the Steinberg is half price. 

https://cinematique-instruments.com/pages_instr/page_zilhouette_strings.php

Edited by Reid Rosefelt
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Reid Rosefelt said:

I think Zilhouette Strings was a Kontakt instrument before it was a Steinberg one. Anyway, they are both available, although only the Steinberg is half price. 

https://cinematique-instruments.com/pages_instr/page_zilhouette_strings.php

anyone know if it uses less CPU in Cubase when run in Halion compared to Kontakt?

20 hours ago, telecode 101 said:

anyone know if it uses less CPU in Cubase when run in Halion compared to Kontakt?

I don't know, but HALion is set up well for layering.  A lot better than Falcon. 

HALion is pretty great.  The weakness (and it's a big one) is that not many third-party companies make instruments for it.

• Like 1

My problem is that it is a Steinberg product - I am very wary of this - many years ago I had a number of Steinberg products that they just dropped without notice - when I complained they deleted my account!!!

I always liked Groove Agent but it never worked correctly - pretty sure I paid to upgrade it a number of times but it still had fundamental issues - can't remember what version I gave up on.

All this was many years ago - has their customer support improved any??

Nigel

3 hours ago, Bajan Blue said:

Steinberg 'technical' support is still non existent but I always thought that customer support for licences etc was ok..

Obviously I don't know what happened in your case.....

4 hours ago, Bajan Blue said:

Nigel

In a lot of countries, Steinberg's tech support is actually done by Yamaha. I have had to deal with them a few times here in Australia and they have been really quick with responses. Licence issues, broken download links , incorrect products showing up, VSTs not working, etc.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Royal Yaksman said:

In a lot of countries, Steinberg's tech support is actually done by Yamaha

I'm in the UK so support is taken care of by SB HQ in Hamburg.  In over 30 years of using their products (time flies) I've never had one useful response to a 'technical' or bug related issue.  In the main they are just ignored or closed...or better still they tell you to reinstall and close the ticket.    

In contrast, customer service issues have always been dealt with very efficiently.

I suspect they don't have the budget or enough (any?) competent tech staff to actually deal with the vast number of tickets that are submitted.  They 'could' handle this far more effectively via their forum ...but they are very reluctant to actually do that in a meaningful way.

Having said that, the issue is very dependant on the product.  The Dorico forum is amazing well supported by actual knowledgable staff - as is the Spectralayers and Wavelab forum.  That's because these dev teams are separate entities and are much more highly engaged.....anyway totally off topic :)

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, simon said:

I'm in the UK so support is taken care of by SB HQ in Hamburg.  In over 30 years of using their products (time flies) I've never had one useful response to a 'technical' or bug related issue.  In the main they are just ignored or closed...or better still they tell you to reinstall and close the ticket.    

In contrast, customer service issues have always been dealt with very efficiently.

I suspect they don't have the budget or enough (any?) competent tech staff to actually deal with the vast number of tickets that are submitted.  They 'could' handle this far more effectively via their forum ...but they are very reluctant to actually do that in a meaningful way.

Having said that, the issue is very dependant on the product.  The Dorico forum is amazing well supported by actual knowledgable staff - as is the Spectralayers and Wavelab forum.  That's because these dev teams are separate entities and are much more highly engaged.....anyway totally off topic :)

Yeah the Cubase forum is definitely a schizophrenic experience. Sometimes they are helpful. Other times it seems like they need to rapidly lose a few customers to flip the books into a negative for a tax break or something?

• Like 2

52 minutes ago, Royal Yaksman said:

Yeah the Cubase forum is definitely a schizophrenic experience. Sometimes they are helpful. Other times it seems like they need to rapidly lose a few customers to flip the books into a negative for a tax break or something?

I find ironic that you have to ask for download links to thinks like old versions of Cubase LE (I have version 4 registered, but don't have the disc anymore). They did send me a link but having to ask is a bit of a wall, especially considering they give you full downloads for things like Sequel 3, VST Classics and so on.

45 minutes ago, Bruno de Souza Lino said:

I find ironic that you have to ask for download links to thinks like old versions of Cubase LE (I have version 4 registered, but don't have the disc anymore). They did send me a link but having to ask is a bit of a wall, especially considering they give you full downloads for things like Sequel 3, VST Classics and so on.

all that stuff is on the website:

https://www.steinberg.net/index.php?id=14790&L=1

even older stuff is on the FTP site:

ftp://ftp.steinberg.net/

considering C4 LE came out in 2006 I don't think that's too bad and I'm not sure what else they can do ?

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Royal Yaksman said:

In a lot of countries, Steinberg's tech support is actually done by Yamaha. I have had to deal with them a few times here in Australia and they have been really quick with responses. Licence issues, broken download links , incorrect products showing up, VSTs not working, etc.

I am a big Cubase user. The support has been okay in my case. They respond within 24 to 48 hours. I am on the forums as well. Not much advanced technical support but lots of really experienced and knowledgeable people on there who  will drop in and help. They re-did the forum so its a little weld getting used to it now. Either way, its much better and more pro than  what goes on on the NI forums. "Yo, bru's.. I just bought $1000 machince+.. what is maschine man? i see my hommiez makin' yo beatz.. peace bitchez.. where is the power on button on thas thang!!!"

giphy.gif

Edited by telecode 101
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1