Attach JPG to description window

Bassfaceus

Hi all.

I find myself constantly taking phone pictures of my outboard gear..pre compressors etc 

so that if i have to go back do additional guitars or vox i can

redial in my settings..   but its really tedious.

what i would like is the ability to upload the pics to my PC and then attach them to the track description section

then when i want to duplicate /recreate settings its just a matter

of looking in the track description not trawling thru my phone for the pic.

if this already exists ..where is it? coz i looked and couldnt find it

thanks

maybe just keep them in a PowerPoint in your project folder, or a Google Slides named as your project and keep one slide per revision (or some other ordering thing). this way you can easily reference them in another window on your PC or even your mobile device, as well as readily revisit settings for projects without having to actually open the project. it's a bit more work but my be a more effective solution once you get into a habit of using it. i keep photos in my Google photos under an album "0000 HW settings" and this way i can readily access them - but only if i'm connected... my option (if needed) would be to Create a Slides presentation and export it as PPT to my local disk so i can go offline.

Thanks for the reply Glenn.

but it seems to me that my suggestion would be much more

efficient and elegant a solution.

i remember back in the analog days finishing sessions and writing down all the settings

of all the channel strips and it was boring and time consuming 

..taking digital photos alleviated that somewhat 

but attaching them to the project is the last step.

can it be that hard to implement?

testing it out, i don't see any extraneous locations so it seems to save it within the project itself. you can add multiple photos per track but only a single comment section. the trick is getting it off your phone and into the PC/Mac filesystem so you can load it via "Add Images". their site hinted sync via dropbox, but presumably if you have Google photo, Adobe Central, etc photo sync and can access via file system, you're good to go.

image.png.d61e90a3a6d9510480f7049440f7cbc2.png

• Thanks 1