High Definition Audio Device disconnected from system

tdehan

11 hours ago, tdehan said:

Still not sure what you are referring to.  The issue is with the High Definition Audio Device which is my internal computer sound card.  Again, I did not have to do this before I had to re-install the OS and BLC.  So, other than the computer speakers plugged into the sound card there are no other cables.  Also don't know what port you would be referring to. So, I'm confused.

The thing is, since your issue is a generic one, it could be several things that cause it, from drivers to a faulty cable or jack making the input detection think a cable had been disconnected.

I'm not sure where you are getting this.  I explained clearly in my post that I am using a Digital Audio Interface.  I am using a Presonus Audiobox USB96 with all of my DAWs.   As also clearly stated, the issue I am experiencing and showed above just started happening after I needed to flatten and re-setup my computer due to a virus.  After, re-installing Bandlab Cakewalk after the OS rebuild, this message started popping up whenever I open and try to use Cakewalk even though Cakewalk is configured to use the Presonus Audiobox USB96....not the onboard High Definition Audio Device.Capture.JPG.c73fd8fd8037c9ab7a2ff1f1a5a97ff2.JPG

Capture2.JPG.5e9c3ffec226b1fccd157aa298829ee4.JPG

• 2 weeks later...

What I'm seeing is you have 2 ASIO drivers. What ever that Real Route driver is should be removed. Looks like a generic driver possibly something to do with installing Reaper?  Make sure the recording Latency device shows your proper ASIO interface. You should see no other ASIO devices except your interface in the Audio menus. 

And for me my interface is the default device when attached.  I have no problem playing videos etc. The OP issue is most likely caused by a rouge ASIO driver taking control.  This is a quote from @scook in another thread.   Go to the registry and delete all other drivers but your audio interfaces. 

ASIO4All or any generic "ASIO" driver can be a problem when a real ASIO driver is present.

There should be at most one ASIO driver for each audio interface attached.

CbB  looks in the registry entry

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\ASIO

for installed ASIO drivers.

2021-01-24.png.e2c85c819f165aa30116811360d86486.png485336519_2021-01-24(2).png.8fbfc7a49f17fb44b83bf0a3a49e2b4a.png

2 hours ago, Noel Borthwick said:

You can turn off device change notification toast messages in Preferences.

Is there some way to permanently disable or uninstall the offending device?

To me the notification are useful for devices I actually use which all seem to keep working flawlessly. The one I get that notification for is the one associated with my AMD RX 580's HDMI output which isn't used by Cakewalk or anything else. All my attempts to disable and uninstall it fail. It comes right back. 

16 hours ago, Bill Phillips said:

Is there some way to permanently disable or uninstall the offending device?

To me the notification are useful for devices I actually use which all seem to keep working flawlessly. The one I get that notification for is the one associated with my AMD RX 580's HDMI output which isn't used by Cakewalk or anything else. All my attempts to disable and uninstall it fail. It comes right back. 

To uninstall that device, you also have to uninstall your RX 580 video drivers.