High Definition Audio Device disconnected from system

tdehan

I had to rebuild my computer this past week and now each time I launch Cakewalk and periodically while I'm working on a project I get the following pop up.

Capture.JPG.4b8575abf803970126ac3724d6513fd8.JPG

Nothing seems to be affected.  But I can't figure out what is causing this.

1 hour ago, Kevin Perry said:

HDMI cable to a monitor?

This is the culprit on my system.  I have an HDMI monitor that is seen as an audio device by Windows 10 20H2. Even though I went in to device manager and disabled the (audio) driver, when my monitor goes to "sleep" with Cakewalk open, I get the same warning after waking it up.  Mildly annoying.  If you find a way to kill it off, I would like to learn the secret.  Windows used to insist on setting HDMI to primary audio device every update, but disabling the driver fixed that.  IDK why Cakewalk still "misses" it.

W10 updates have a habit of re installing drivers you disable. That message shows every once in a while and I just go back to device manager and disable it. I find if you don’t use a HDMI cable you won’t get it. But if you use 2 monitors you sort of have to 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, John Vere said:

W10 updates have a habit of re installing drivers you disable. That message shows every once in a while and I just go back to device manager and disable it. I find if you don’t use a HDMI cable you won’t get it. But if you use 2 monitors you sort of have to 

I've disabled and uninstalled mine for my $X 580 HDMI Audio and it returns on every reboot. I can't seem to get rid of it. I've looked in the Radeon software and can't find a way there either. Any suggestions?

On 1/5/2021 at 12:47 PM, tecknot said:

Hi tdehan,

Do you have an internal sound card active on your system such as a Realtek card?

Kind regards

tecknot

Yes, there is an internal sound card.  Same sound card that was/is installed prior to rebuilding my computer.  I use the sound card to view/listen to videos, my ripped music library etc.  I use my DAI only for Cakewalk.  As mentioned, this was all working just fine the same way prior to rebuilding my computer due to a virus.

On 1/5/2021 at 10:36 PM, tdehan said:

I had to rebuild my computer this past week and now each time I launch Cakewalk and periodically while I'm working on a project I get the following pop up.

Capture.JPG.4b8575abf803970126ac3724d6513fd8.JPG

Nothing seems to be affected.  But I can't figure out what is causing this.

First of all do you get sound from any other files on it? Like a movie or Commercial MP3? 

If so . . . 

Click yes, another dialog box will open and select your recommended Audio Device in the Output Section on the right side of that Dialog box. 

Also send pics of the steps. 

Edited by Will_Kaydo

The default audio device is the sound card and has been the sound card all along.  I did not have this problem prior to having to flatten and re-install the OS and all applications due to a virus.  With that said, this same thing happens even if I specifically select my DAI instead.

Not clear which cables you are referring to or what port as well?   However, I just confirmed that if I disable the High Definition Audio Device in Device Manager the issue goes away.  But what a drag to have to disable it each time I work on a project and then re-enable it after in order to hear my computer audio.  I never have had to do that before.

Edited by tdehan

Still not sure what you are referring to.  The issue is with the High Definition Audio Device which is my internal computer sound card.  Again, I did not have to do this before I had to re-install the OS and BLC.  So, other than the computer speakers plugged into the sound card there are no other cables.  Also don't know what port you would be referring to. So, I'm confused.

Edited by tdehan