Problem with Modo Bass

Vlad

The first thing I would do is try another plug-in. Then try another project, as suggested. I have MODO Bass, and it seems to work fine, but I have yet to use it extensively.

If that fails, then I would test the tracks in another DAW. Keep narrowing it down in a process of elimination to see what the cause of the trouble is.

Edited by abacab

On 1/5/2021 at 8:25 AM, Vlad said:

Hi, I have a permanent problem with Modo Bass plugin hanging during the song in about the same place (making some additional bass sounds).

Have anybody has this problem?

Thanks in advance.

I noticed on my last project I was getting double midi notes for some reason using MODO Bass. You can't always tell there are doubles since the notes are over one another. If you're getting additional sounds  try pulling up Cakewalk's midi page and enlarge the midi information where you're getting the extra notes. Try taking away the notes in that place. If you still see a note after you subtracted one then you know that's the problem. If you don't you can hit CTRL+Z and bring it back, or draw it in.

I haven't narrowed down why this happens yet. Could be a midi setting in Cakewalk or MODO bass is sending out extra information. Hope this helps.

8 hours ago, Starise said:

I noticed on my last project I was getting double midi notes for some reason using MODO Bass. You can't always tell there are doubles since the notes are over one another. If you're getting additional sounds  try pulling up Cakewalk's midi page and enlarge the midi information where you're getting the extra notes. Try taking away the notes in that place. If you still see a note after you subtracted one then you know that's the problem. If you don't you can hit CTRL+Z and bring it back, or draw it in.

I haven't narrowed down why this happens yet. Could be a midi setting in Cakewalk or MODO bass is sending out extra information. Hope this helps.

Sorry, but what is Midi page? I have opened an Event List for the track, but I can not find anything there. How did you locate the double notes?

Coping to another track did not help unfortunately...

I just marked, that Modo Bass sometimes doesn't play the existing note, but play some other long note instead. And it happens in different places. I have checked for the double notes in that place, but didn't find anything.

It is really annoying, since I can not Export my project as an MP3 File because of this bug...

Edited by Vlad

My apologies. It is also referred to as the piano roll.

Record midi with MODO bass and double click the midi track with your mouse anywhere on the track. 1st pic.

You will then see the second screen. This is the piano roll. You may manipulate the data add or erase data here. Lengthen notes etc. The small magnifying glass icons on the piano roll view allow you to enlarge the data to see it more clearly if necessary. 

If there is a superimposed midi note and you hover the mouse over that area you will see a very small outline of the second note. Click on it and hit delete. I made another sample track. Sure enough I had extra midi notes.

midi track.JPG

midi2.JPG

Edited by Starise

On 1/7/2021 at 3:40 AM, Bruno de Souza Lino said:

Only issue I am aware with MODO Bass other than the one described by the OP is that the plugin doesn't honor CC 64 properly. Even if you're holding the key or have the note held in the clip, letting go of the sustain pedal or turning CC 64 to 0 will immediately make the note stop ringing.

Thanks, I have made another project and put CC 64 on 0 value, but the problem was not fixed. Some notes are not played, and some play uncontrolled. In Piano Roll is everything clean.

I will try to reinstall Modo Bass Plugin and see if it helps...

40 minutes ago, Vlad said:

Thanks, I have made another project and put CC 64 on 0 value, but the problem was not fixed. Some notes are not played, and some play uncontrolled. In Piano Roll is everything clean.

I will try to reinstall Modo Bass Plugin and see if it helps...

The CC64 issue is not related to the random note problem, which I also had. The CC64 issue is a deal breaker for me and I won't use MODO Bass until they fix it.

6 minutes ago, Bruno de Souza Lino said:

The CC64 issue is not related to the random note problem, which I also had. The CC64 issue is a deal breaker for me and I won't use MODO Bass until they fix it.

Could you please tell me - how did you fix the random note problem in MB?

21 hours ago, abacab said:

If you are looking for another bass virtual instrument, Ample Sounds has a great sounding fingered Fender P-Bass for free.

https://www.amplesound.net/en/pro-pd.asp?id=19

Thanks a lot! I have installed it and inserted a parallel track, and it works fine in the same project. Obviously, it is a bug of my version of MB.

It is good as a temporary solution, but I will also try to install the last version of Modo Bass to see if it works.

• Like 2